Lakes & Parks Committee Minutes: November 9, 2016

Hidden Valley Lake Lakes and Parks Committee
Meeting Minutes
November 9, 2016

Meeting called to order by Dave Patterson at 7:30 p.m.

Members Present: Dan Beckman, Bill Cox, Tom Derrick, Eric Fox, Alan Kohlhaas, George Lortz, Dave Patterson, Dave Ryberg, Joe Stocker

Members Absent: Jill King, Gerald Young

Community Manager: Bruce Keller – Present

Board Liaison: Pat Hawkins – Present

Guests Present: Casey Kennedy

Minutes from the September meeting were presented by Dave Patterson. Corrections required: None.

Motion to accept by: George Lortz; Seconded by Joe Stocker.

Vote count: for 7, against 0, abstain 0.

Guest Issues: Casey Kennedy was present to see how things were run and to gain insight and information. He had no specific issues to bring to the committee.

Board Meeting Report: Bruce and Pat reported on the meeting. There was some discussion regarding the increase in dues and transfer fees.

Fish & Game Club Comments: Dave Ryberg reported for the Club. He discussed the club putting baitfish in the main lake. We agreed to let the club put fathead minnows in only the main lake.

Lake Patrol Report: No report.

Lake Statistics Report: Gerry Young – No report.

Small Lake Maintenance report: Bruce Keller – Work on Crystal Lake is on hold while we await permits from the DNR. Dredging is complete on Lake Holiday. They have moved to Kathy lake.

Current/Active Business Updates –           

Sluice Gate Bridge Update – Estimated cost to date for the frame is around $20,000. Then we will still need to fill that with concrete. Bruce has asked several other individuals to submit designs or options for the replacement bridge over the sluice way. That happens to be Casey Kennedy’s line of work, so he is meeting with Bruce to provide additional ideas.

Shelter progress – No further activity.

Parks and Rec. Subcommittee / Task Force Reports – George Lortz – The Natural Resources Task Force is cleaning up the Campground Loop. They are looking into the possibility of purchasing some sort of chipper for the brush and small limbs so that the material can be recycled on the site.

  • Rules Changes. We discussed putting some verbiage at the bottom of each page stating that the information above was current at the time of printing but that changes could be made at any time and to check with the POA office for final status of rules.   Any verbiage of this nature would be reviewed and approved by the Board Attorney.
  • Committee Responsibilities, etc. We discussed some minor wording changes, but several members were overwhelmed by the document and the list of items and responsibilities. We will continue to work on this.

New Business:

  • We discussed reviving the Lakes Lines articles, but didn’t come to a firm decision as to who would do them and when. This will be discussed at future meetings.
  • It was brought to our attention that some boats have a type of fuel pump that has the potential of dumping gas in to the lake until the lines are empty and the engine stops. We will be getting more information on this and developing something that will disallow them on our lake if there isn’t already something there to cover this.

Community Manager’s Report:  The topics in his report had already been covered above.

Motion to adjourn by Eric Fox; seconded by Joe Stocker. The motion passed unanimously.

Meeting was adjourned at 8:45 p.m. Thanks to all for their time and dedication.

Respectfully submitted by Dave Patterson, Chairman

ACTION REQUIRED

Take a moment and update your personal information