Lakes & Parks Committee Minutes: April 12, 2017

Hidden Valley Lake Lakes & Parks Committee
Meeting Minutes
April 12, 2017

Meeting called to order in the lower level by Dave Patterson at 7:31 pm.

Members Present: Dan Beckman, Bill Cox, Tom Derrick, Eric Fox, Jill King, Dave Patterson, Dave Ryberg

Members Absent: Alan Kohlhaas, Joe Stocker, Gerald Young

Community Manager: Bruce Keller – Present

Board Liaison: Pat Hawkins – Absent

Guests Present: Brad Ringer.

Minutes from the March meeting were presented by Dave Patterson. Corrections required: Addition of notes on discussion of the Marina Shelter.

Motion to accept by: Eric Fox;  Seconded by: Tom Derrick.

Vote count: for 6, against 0, abstain 0.

Guest Issues: Brad Ringer arrived later in the meeting, and was present to hear the boat length and measuring discussion.

Board Meeting Report: Bruce and Pat briefly reported on the February meeting. Eric did an excellent job of reporting for the Lakes and Parks committee in Dave’s absence. His reward is to get to do it again for the April board meeting. Thanks Eric.

Fish & Game Club Comments: Tom Derrick and Dave Ryberg were present representing the club. The club will be putting about 100 lbs. of fathead minnows into the main lake any day now. They are not getting a lot of support for the slot limit tournament but they will continue trying.

Lake Patrol Report: Welcome back Paul! The rejuvenated boat will be up and running in early May. They will be doing their normal sweep of the lake for unstickered boats that have been launched. They are back to full staff with Paul, Dave, Mike, and Will, all back from last year. Paul and Bill will be doing a session or two for new boat registrants to familiarize them with the lake and our rules. Paul also made a strong request for more assistance and cooperation/coordination before and during the Luau. I suspect the same needs to be said for the Fourth of July.

Lake Statistics Report: Gerry Young – No report.

Small Lake Maintenance report: Bruce Keller – The over flow that needs to be built at Crystal Lake has finally been approved by the DNR, but with a long list of items that we have to respond to.

Current/Active Business Updates –
Sluice Gate Bridge Widening: Mark Keller (no relation to Bruce) has volunteered to be the engineer for the project.

Boat length and measurement procedures update: After discussion, it became apparent that more research and discussion was going to be needed than the committee as a whole could handle. A task force has been set up to research this subject. It will be made up of Dave Patterson, Dave Ryberg, Eric Fox, Brad Ringer and it was also suggested that we reach out to Tim Maupin to see if he would be interested on being a part of the group. We will not be coming up with any changes for this year, but will have recommendations for next year.

As of the meeting date, there have been about 50 boats 19 feet or longer measured. 4 were found to be over 20 feet. The amounts over were 1, 4, 5, and 7 inches. They will be allowed to be on the lake this year. The committee will make recommendations as to how they are handled in years to come.

Parks and Rec Subcommittee/Task Force update –
George Lortz reported that he met with Pat Sullivan from the golf course and they are good to go with a Golf Poker outing this fall. We asked if Pat would be able to attend the May meeting and go over what would be necessary to put it on. Bruce and George will check on his availability.

We also discussed put on a regular golf outing to support the same cause, the marina shelter. We didn’t want to directly compete with the Fish and Game Club’s tournament, plus we didn’t have enough internal support for the concept, much less the work necessary to put on a successful outing.

Paul and Bill Cox will be working with Bruce to put together a short course on boat safety for new boaters in Hidden Valley.

New Business:

None

Community Manager’s Report:

  • Floating Docks at the marina: Peter Soltys will be meeting with Bruce and going over his proposal Thursday at 11.
  • The next board meeting is April 27. It is the Annual Meeting, with refreshments served.

Motion to adjourn by Eric Fox; seconded by Jill. The motion passed unanimously.

Meeting was adjourned at 9:06 p.m. Thanks to all for their time and dedication.

Respectfully submitted by Dave Patterson, Chairman

 

 

ACTION REQUIRED

Take a moment and update your personal information