Hidden Valley Lake Lakes and Parks Committee
February 8, 2017
Meeting called to order by Dave Patterson at 7:30 p.m.
Members Present: Bill Cox, Tom Derrick, Eric Fox, Jill King, Alan Kohlhaas, George Lortz, Dave Patterson, Gerald Young
Members Absent: Dan Beckman, Dave Ryberg, Joe Stocker
Community Manager: Bruce Keller – Present
Board Liaison: Pat Hawkins – Present
Guests Present: None
Minutes from the December meeting were presented by Dave Patterson. Corrections required: None.
Motion to accept by: Eric Fox; Seconded by Gerry Young.
Vote count: for 7, against 0, abstain 0.
Guest Issues: None
Board Meeting Report: No meeting; no report.
Fish & Game Club Comments: No meeting; no report.
Lake Patrol Report: No report.
Lake Statistics Report: Gerry Young – No report.
The dates for the lake treatments for 2017 are May 16, June 20, and August 8, with spot treatments as needed. Cost for this year is $3,900. Sluice gate will be closing March 4, 2017.
Small Lake Maintenance report: Bruce Keller – The dams were inspected and there were no problems. We are still waiting on DNR approval for the plans at Crystal Lake. The Corps of Engineers has already approved them.
Current/Active Business Updates –
- Sluice Gate Bridge Update – Casey Kennedy and Jamie will start working together soon.
- Potentially dangerous fuel pumps on boats on the lake. – We need to keep this topic open for Paul to address when he gets back.
Parks and Rec. Subcommittee / Task Force Reports – George Lortz – Nothing to report.
- 2017 Boat Driver’s test – Modifications and additions to the test were discussed and a finalized version was approved; Motion by Alan, Second By Bill, approved unanimously. See attached/approved test.
- During the discussion of the test, it became apparent that the rules need to be tweaked in a few places to be sure they state exactly what the intent of the rule is.
- Lake Safety Course – Bill Cox and Paul Rolfes will be putting together a short course for new boat owners this spring.
Community Manager’s Report:
- Boat measurements – Due to complaints and issues surrounding boats being on the lake when they are too long, all speedboats/runabouts over 19 feet long will be measured this spring. Pontoon boats will also be checked. Details to be forthcoming from Bruce Keller.
- Cichy Lot Update – Since both parties have engaged legal representation, no discussion is allowed on this topic. This means by any one at any time.
Motion to adjourn by Bill Cox; seconded by Jill King. The motion passed unanimously.
Meeting was adjourned at 8:15 p.m. Thanks to all for their time and dedication.
Respectfully submitted by Dave Patterson, Chairman