HIDDEN VALLEY LAKE PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
Thursday, March 23, 2017, 7 p.m. – POA Lower Level
Call To Order: Patricia Hawkins
Pledge of Allegiance: Patricia Hawkins
Presidents Report: Patricia Hawkins
Treasurers report: Robert Starks
Please note that our financial audit for 2016 has been completed.
Beginning Cash on January 1, 2017, $672,300.00
Ending Cash on January 31, 2017, $1,246,035.00
Financial Position as of the end of February, 2017
Beginning Cash on February 1, 2017, $1,246,035.00
Ending Cash on February 28, 2017, $1,220,143.00
Income as Budgeted Income Actual
Month $189,322.00 Month $199,200.00
YTD $358,619.00 YTD $372,998.00
Expenses as Budgeted Expenses Actual
Month $147,665.00 Month $139,356.00
YTD $289,143.00 YTD $271,586.00
- HVL POA plans annually for a balanced budget. (i.e. Annual expenses are planned to not exceed anticipated annual income).
- Some infrequent expenses are predictable such as replacement of vehicles, maintenance of our roads, the many lake dams, swimming pool liner, lake dredging etc.
- Funds are escrowed annually to cover those future expenses and are included in totals. Projected cash at year end is generally equal to zero dollars plus escrowed funds and necessary reserves.
Secretary’s Report: Robert Starks
- Request approval of the February 23, 2017 Board of Directors Meeting Minutes.
Community Managers Report: Bruce Keller
Golf Course Managers Report: Pat Sullivan
COMMITTEE and CLUB REPORTS:
Architecture Committee Report: Matt Haarmeyer
- Request approval of performance bond returns.
- Appeal: Mr. Gordon Weis, lots 2537 and 2538A, is appealing the decision of the Architectural Committee to deny a sea wall. The Reason for denial is that he is not a lake front property. We also have a letter from VRUC in which they requested more information before they would approve.
Lakes and Parks Committee Report: Dave Patterson
- Appeal: Ms. Michele Kenton, lot 2569, is appealing Lakes and Parks denial of her request for a second dock on green space. The property is a lake front property. The HVL Board has approved a POA rental dock for the owner to use and rent not to exceed 120 square feet.
Safety, Security & Elections Committee Report: Bonnie Starks
- Discussion concerning the newly installed stop signs on Alpine Drive.
Future Planning Committee Report: George Lortz
Finance Committee: John Reiniger
- Request approval for the October, 2016, November, 2016, December, 2016, January 2017 and the February 2017 Financial Statements.
- Request approval for the 2016 Audit performed by William Donlin.
Civic Club: Kevin Grosse