Hidden Valley Lake Property Owners Association
Board of Directors Meeting
July 28, 2016
Board of Directors Present: Pat Hawkins, Tom Hamilton, Bill Minnery, Robert Starks, Donna Yetzer
Board of Directors absent: None
Community Manager Present: Bruce Keller
President Pat Hawkins called the July 28, 2016 Board of Directors Meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. The meeting began with the Pledge of Allegiance.
President’s Report: Pat Hawkins
You still have a few more days to cast your vote on the proposed changes to our Articles of Incorporation and the property maintenance rules. As of this afternoon, we have received 596 ballots. You can still vote provided your ballot is dropped off in the POA Office, or in one of its mailboxes, by 7:00 am on Monday, August 1. Members of our Election Committee will count the ballots on Wednesday, August 3 and they will then communicate the results to the Board of Directors and Bruce Keller. The board and Bruce will work together to compile the results for a List Serve message that will be sent to the community as quickly as possible.
Treasurer’s Report: Bob Starks
Treasurers Report, June 2016
As of June 2016 beginning cash was $786,353.06 and ending cash was $663,439.34. Income budgeted for the month was $180,799 and actual income for the month was $188,840. Actual income budgeted year to date was $1,121,710 and year to date actual income was $1,142,327. Expenses budgeted for the month was $219,257 and actual expenses for the month were $204,907. Expenses budgeted year to date was $1,008,971 and actual expenses year to date was $999,388.
Secretary’s Report: Donna Yetzer
- Request approval of the June 23, 2016 Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
- Motion made by Robert Starks and seconded by Tom Hamilton to approve June 23rd, 2016 Meeting Minutes. Motion passed unanimously.
Community Manager’s Report: Bruce Keller
- Request Approval for the following events:
Children’s back to school party put on by the Children’s Activities Club for Sunday, August 7th from 2-5 pm at HVL beach.
The Luau put on by the Civic Club on August 6th from 7 pm-midnight
- Motion made to approve the events listed above by Bob Starks and seconded by Tom Hamilton. Motion passed unanimously.
Bruce reminded everyone that the POA dues are due on 7/31/16.
Golf Course Managers Report: Presented by Jennifer Reuter
There are a number of great outings coming up
- Tommy Tuberville Outing to support Wounded Warrior Foundation
- Monday, 8/1- Member/Guest Outing, $35.00 per person for 18 holes including lunch and prizes
- Monday, 8/8 – The Cure Starts Now Outing to benefit Lauren Hill Foundation
- Monday, 8/15 – Dearborn County Foundation Outing – supporting local small business
- Monday, 8/22 – Knights of Columbus Outing – supporting Pregnancy Care Center for SE Indiana
- Monday, 8/29 – SPCA Outing NOTE:
Jen discussed the use of yellow passes that were distributed to residents in January with their bills. These passes allow 3 free guests to play golf, but cost of the golf cart is additional for each guest. These passes may also be given to other HVL residents if resident is unable to use the pass. Driving range is currently open to anyone in HVL and coupons are available in the Echoes.
VRUC Report: Don Yetzer
Architecture Committee Report: Mike Parks
- Request approval of performance bond returns
Lot 1147 , Robert & Tina Thomas
20413 Meercham Way
$1700.00 (HVL – Extension Fee 300.00)
Signed by Jason Craig, Jesse Jones, Mike Parks, Bruce Keller
Discussion regarding the $300 charge for extension that was not paid at time of request. Mike Parks will follow up with Bruce.
- Motion for the return of the above Performance Bonds made by Donna Yetzer and seconded by Bill Minnery. Motion passed unanimously.
Finance Committee: John Reiniger
Request approval of the May and June 2016 Financial Statements
- Motion made by Bill Minnery and seconded by Roberts Starks. Motion passed unanimously.
Committee discussed the need for an assessment increase and a straw vote of the committee resulted in the need for the increase in 2017.
Lakes & Parks Committee Report: Dave Patterson
Request the highlighted/underlined changes in the following paragraphs concerning the clarification of who is authorized to build docks, be approved by the board. (Second Reading)
Found in our Bylaws, Section 202, Architectural rules.
- Private Docks and Boat Lifts Rules
- The following list of HVL lots are defined as “main lake front lots” and are the only lots approved for the purpose of building a dock on the main lake. The lots are: 101 – 131, 456 – 459, 469 – 471, 555 – 557, 654 – 666, 1062 – 1100, 1134 – 1149, 1523 – 1533, 1569 – 1571, 1590 – 1593, 1624 – 1632, 1674 – 1680, 1705 – 1720, 1782 – 1796, 1874 – 1897, 1928 – 1930, 2153 – 2157, 2271 – 2276, 2456 – 2469, 2471, 2539 – 2544, 2569 – 2570 and 2643 – 2651.
- Any “non-lake front lots” that have prior approval for a dock may continue to have that approval.
- If an HVL POA greenbelt area exists between a private lot and listed in Hidden Valley Lake Bylaws, section 202, O., 1), and the main lake, the property owner may build and have private use of a dock and may maintain the greenbelt area including shoreline preservation with rip-rap, but the greenbelt area shall remain the property of the HVL POA.
- Motion to approve the highlighted/underlined changes in the following paragraphs concerning the clarification of who is authorized to build docks, be approved by the by the board. (Second Reading) All in Favor. Motion passed unanimously.
Highlights of the meeting are as follows:
Committee suggested that docks be rented on a lease contract. Further review will be conducted on current dock agreements.
Jim Reynolds from Aqua Dock attended the committee meeting. He will be providing a bid regarding the docks. Placement of docks will be approved by the Architecture Committee.
Resident requested permission to build a new dock near Meercham but was denied. Additional resident requested variance on boat length (20’0”) which was denied.
The Fish & Game Derby was a success with over 100 kids and July 4th went very well.
Lake Patrol is under staffed and is in great need for more staffing to patrol the lake and beach. The beach has been getting trashed by trespassers due to being understaffed they are unable to monitor that area as much as they should. Many citations have been given out lately and it is believed that new residents do not know the rules/safety on the lake. Discussion on a possible class/session to be given to new boaters before they get a sticker for their boat to review rules and safety.
Crystal Lake should be completed this year; additional gravel on the marina parking lot, rocks on dam will require additional gravel due to wave erosion; two scouting projects for trail development are underway; looking to organize more events to senior citizens.
Safety, Security & Elections Committee Report: Larry Rohling
Several residents attended the meeting to discuss walking on roads and vandalism. A task force will be formed to review concerns.
First Aid and CPR classes – Not scheduled as of yet will advertise to see if more people are interested.
The committee has changed their meeting time to 6:00 p.m. the first Tuesday of every month from 7:00 p.m.
Jenny Boyer will be leading the Election Committee in reviewing qualifications of candidates.
Future Planning/Political Action Committee Report: George Lortz
A handout created by George Lortz was given to Board which requested the creation of a new committee to clean up issues with bylaws.
Dean Swomley resigned in July. The committee thanked Dean for all of his hard work and time he put into the committee. Jennifer Donelson joined the committee in June.
Group was asked if anyone had any old or new business and a motion was being made to adjourn. At that time Mr. Sitterle stood up and asked if there was going to be a discussion on rule changed, town hall questions and concerns on the voting. There was a small discussion on this and then the meeting was adjourned.
Mr. Sitterle had concerns about rule changes, town hall questions and voting.
- Motion to adjourn by Donna Yetzer and seconded by Bill Minnery. Motion passed unanimously.
Adjournment: 8:30 pm
Minutes Prepared by Gina Keller
Minutes published in this paper are abbreviated and a full account can be heard online at: www.hiddenvalleylakepoa.com