Hidden Valley Lake Property Owners Association
Board of Directors Meeting
Thursday, September 28, 2017, 7 p.m. – Community Center, Lower Level
Call To Order: Patricia Hawkins
Pledge of Allegiance: Patricia Hawkins
Presidents Report: Patricia Hawkins
Treasurers report: Robert Starks
Secretary’s Report: Donna Yetzer
- Approval of August Minutes.
Community Managers Report: Bruce Keller
- In June of this year the Board of Directors passed a resolution approving the “Code Enforcement and Adjudication Process.” After further review, office staff felt more detail concerning the Appeal Process should be included. Those details are attached to this agenda as Item 1. Request a motion approving the appeal process with the changes.
- Request approval of the Haunted Hayride scheduled for October 14, 2017 beginning at 5 p.m. and also the Halloween Walk scheduled for October 29, 2017 beginning at 2 p.m.
Golf Course Managers Report: Pat Sullivan
COMMITTEE and CLUB REPORTS
Architecture Committee Report: Dave Hafner
Safety, Security & Elections Committee Report: Bonnie Starks
- Request approval for a new renters/lessor agreement and a rule stating; “All renters/lessors entering a contract with property owners within Hidden Valley Lake, must sign and adhere to the guidelines therein including the onetime payment of 100 dollars for registering in Hidden Valley Lake”. (Placement in Bylaws to be determined after Codification). (2nd reading) Item 2 attached to this agenda.
Lakes and Parks Committee Report: Dave Patterson
- The Lakes and Parks Committee Request approval allowing Boy Scout Sam Bowels permission to place 6 Bat houses throughout Hidden Valley Lake in Green Spaces. Lakes and Parks approved with a unanimous positive vote.
Finance Committee Report: John Reiniger
Future Planning Committee Report: George Lortz
Civic Club: Karen Plogsted
HVL Citation Appeal Process
Anyone receiving a HVL citation may only appeal that citation at next month’s Judicial Panel Meeting. (example: citation written in June can only be appealed at the July Judicial Panel meeting). The Judicial Panel Meeting is held the second Monday of each month at 7 p.m. in the POA Conference Room located at 19303 Schmarr Drive, Lawrenceburg Indiana.
If you plan on attending the meeting to appeal a citation, you must notify the POA Office in writing no later than the first Monday of the month.
If you do not agree with the decision rendered by the Judicial Panel, you may appeal to the Board of Directors at the next Board of Directors meeting only. This meeting is held on the 4th Thursday of each month at 7 p.m. in the lower level of the Community Center.
If you plan on attending the Board meeting to appeal the decision of the Judicial Panel, you must notify the POA Office in writing no later than one week prior to the Board of Directors meeting.
Please call the POA Office if you have any questions at: (812) 537-3091 ext. 2.
Rent/Lease Amenity Agreement
The purpose of this agreement is to register those individuals who are renting/leasing homes in Hidden Valley Lake (HVL) and want to use our amenities. There is a onetime registration fee of $100 for those renting/leasing in HVL and an annual $300 fee for those who wish to use HVL amenities. No rentals/leases of less than six (6) months shall be allowed in HVL.
Renter:______________________________ Phone: ( )_____________________
Email:___________________________________ Date: _____________________
Landlord: ____________________________ Phone: ( )______________________
Names of others in household: ____________________________________________
_____/_____ I/We understand that we will pay a onetime $100 renter registration fee and that if we choose to use the amenities, must pay another $300 annually.
_____/_____ I/We understand that the contract with the landlord must be a minimum of six (6) months and that day-to-day rentals are not allowed in HVL.
_____/_____ I/We understand that dock rentals are not included in the amenities. (The Fitness Center may be used with an additional fee.)
_____/_____ I/We will show proof of address by providing a utility bill or copy of the lease for the appropriate address and will notify the Property Owners Association (POA) any changes to the household.
_____/_____ I/We understand that renters/lessors have no voting rights and cannot hold a Board of Directors position or be a committee member.
_____/_____ I/We understand that the Renter includes those persons who are renting or leasing a residence and/or leasing residence or property with an option to buy in HVL.
_____/_____I/We have been provided with information to access the Articles of Incorporation and the HVL POA Bylaws as established by the HVL POA and will comply with the directives therein.
_____/_____ I/We understand that we are responsible for all assessments, fines or charges in connection with my/our actions in HVL. The POA property owner will be held responsible for all assessments, fines or charges in the event the renter does not pay.
_____/_____I/We also understand that only those persons who can be proven to reside at the rental address will be authorized to receive HVL ID cards.
_____/_____I/We understand that this residence may not be sublet or used as a timeshare in any form.
____/______I/We understand that the minimum fine for violating any of these requirements is $300.00.
Renter’s Signature Date Property Owner’s Signature Date
Note: Both the Renter and the Property Owner must initial each statement and sign and date this agreement.