HIDDEN VALLEY LAKE PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION
Thursday, April 27, 2017, 7 p.m.
Golf Course Club House
Enjoy finger foods from 6 to 7 p.m.
All HVL residents are welcome.
Call to order – Patricia Hawkins
Pledge of Allegiance – Patricia Hawkins
Introduction of Board Members – Patricia Hawkins
President’s report – Patricia Hawkins
Secretary’s report – Donna Yetzer
Motion to approve 2016 Annual Meeting Minutes
Treasurer’s report – Robert Starks
As previously noted our financial audit for 2016 has been completed by our auditor Donlin and Associates for both the POA and also the Golf Course. The audit results have been reviewed and accepted by both the Finance Committee and the POA Board of Directors.
HVL POA Financial Position as of the end of March, 2017
Beginning Cash on March 1, 2017, $1,220,143.00
Ending Cash on March 31, 2017, $1,117,030.00
Income as Budgeted Income Actual
Month $200,174.00 Month $206,050.00
YTD $558,693.00 YTD $579,048.00
Expenses as Budgeted Expenses Actual
Month $185,295.00 Month $163,506.00
YTD $474,438.00 YTD $435,093.00
- HVL POA plans annually for a balanced budget. (i.e. Annual expenses are planned to not exceed anticipated annual income).
- Some infrequent expenses are predictable such as replacement of vehicles, maintenance of our roads, the many lake dams, swimming pool liner, lake dredging etc.
- Funds are then escrowed each year to cover those future expenses and are included in the totals. Projected cash at year end is generally equal to zero dollars plus escrowed funds and necessary reserves.
Respectfully, Robert Starks, Treasurer
Community Manager’s Report – Bruce Keller
Golf Course – Pat Sullivan
Willie’s Sports Café – Steve Van Wassenhove
Architecture – Matt Haarmeyer
- Request a motion approving a 6′ variance for Larry Hereth to install a boat lift to be placed in front of their dock located at 1328 Cliftmont Circle, (Lot 1707). Neighbors do not have a problem. Committee voted 4 to 0 for approval.
- Request approval of a front variance for Kevin Baumgartner, Lot 1624, 19532 Knollwood Drive, for the purpose of building a new home. This variance allows his house to align with others on either side of his new home. The committee voted 4 to 0 for approval.
- Mr. Gordon Weis is appealing a decision by the Architecture Committee to disallow a seawall because his property is not lake front according to our bylaws. We are also in receipt of a letter from VRUC disallowing the seawall project until a survey is produced indicating his property line in relation to the sewer line, and asking questions concerning the building of a dock.
Finance – John Reiniger
- The finance committee requests approval of the March 2017 financial reports.
Judicial – Bruce Plashko
Lakes – Dave Patterson
Future Planning – George Lortz
Safety, Security & Elections – Bonnie Starks
Children’s Activity Club
- Confirmed: “Meet your Neighbors and Know their Business” event will be held 7/22/17 from 3 to 6 p.m. in the Community Center
- All HVL clubs are welcome to attend
- Cancel 7/29 reservation for the Community Center
- Civic Club will provide drinks/appetizers
- Confirmed Luau will be held on 8/5/17 from 7 p.m.- midnight, $10/per person, BYOB. Will need deputy on site.
- Civic Club members Laurie Groves & Michelle Misplay, plan to fill welcome bags at the POA during regular business hours, then distribute to new homeowners in the next couple weeks.
- Chris Brandt will forward a list of new HVL residents to my attention each month.
- Next meeting 5/30/17 at 6:30 p.m. at Willie’s.
- Request a motion to approve all events listed for Civic Club.
Fish and Game
Hidden Valley Riders
New Business – Presentation on Emerald Ash Borer by Kevin Grosse