HIDDEN VALLEY LAKE PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
Thursday, November 29, 2018 7 PM – POA Lower Level AGENDA
- Approval of October 2018 Minutes. Board Secretary.
- Request approval of Bond Returns. Architectural Committee.
- Request approval of October, 2018 Financial Statements. FinanceCommittee.
- Request a motion approving the following change to the By-Lawsconcerning Lot Splits and requiring a new survey of the affected property. (First Reading)
- Request a motion approving a change to the By-Laws requiring that all houses meet a minimum of 1,200 Square foot on the main floor living area for new homes. (First Reading)
- Request a motion approving a change to the By-Laws limiting the size of a detached building/garage to 50 percent of the main floor living area square footage or 900 square feet, whichever is less. (First Reading)
- Request approval for the change of the Bylaw definition for HVL POA member in good standing. (In Yellow) (Second and Final Reading)
- Request approval of the following changes in our Nomination process. (Requires only one reading)
- Request approval of the following Rule change concerning signs. (First Reading)Call To Order: Patricia Hawkins Pledge of Allegiance: Patricia Hawkins
Presidents Report: Patricia Hawkins Treasurers report: Robert Starks
Secretary’s Report: Donna Yetzer
• Approval of October 25, 2018 Board of Directors Minutes.
Community Managers Report: Bruce Keller Golf Course Managers Report: Jen Reuter
COMMITTEE and Club REPORTS: Judicial Panel:
• Appeal of speeding citation fine of $243.50 for Kathleen Busken. Lakes Committee Report:
Future Planning Report:
Finance Committee Report:
- Request approval of October, 2018 Financial Statements.
- Request approval for the change of the Bylaw definition for HVL POAmember in good standing. (In Yellow) (First Reading)
j. HVL POA member in good standing – Any HVL POA member whose dues
assessments are current,
(Second and Final Reading)
Architecture Committee Report:
- Request approval of Bond Returns.
- Request a motion approving the following change to the By-Lawsconcerning Lot Splits and requiring a new survey of the affected
property. (First Reading)
Turns out there is no rules on lot splits except to say that the semiannual dues are split in half for the two owner of a split lot. That said, I believe we should add 4-4-41 in the Architectural Section of our Handbook
or has a payment plan that will bring them current in
no more than 12 months, and have made at least 3 monthly payments on time. If at any time the payments are not met, the member will no longer be considered a
member in good standing.
4-4-41 Proposed lot splits must be presented to the Architectural Committee along with re-drawn, surveyor signed plot plans
including existing structures. The Board of Directors are the final
approval for all split lots.
• RequestamotionapprovingthefollowingchangetotheBy- Laws requiring that all houses meet a minimum 1,200 Square foot on the main floor living area of new homes. (First Reading)
Minimum Square Footage for New Homes
As we discussed, we want homes build that are no less than 1,200 square feet on the first floor living area footprint, excluding the garage. This is what we have now and my suggestion for placement is highlighted.4-5-7. New Houses Require Submission of Plot Plans
All new houses require HVL POA Architecture Committee approval prior to being constructed. When applying for approval, a plot plan stamped by a registered Indiana surveyor consisting of the following information shall be submitted:
a. Location of house on the lot showing the distances to all property lines.
b. Elevation of all corners.
c. Exterior dimensions of house including overhang and any decks or porches.
d. Location and size of culvert for drive if required.
e. Location of water meter and gas meter if applicable.
f. Location and elevation of sewer line.
g. Location of electrical, telephone and cable TV lines and gas line if applicable.
h. Elevation of basement or ground floor (on slab).
i. Drainage plan.
j. Name of township (Miller or Lawrenceburg).
k. Location of propane tank to be buried.
l. Ditch and driveway provisions.
m. Distance of culvert pipe(s) from the side property line(s).
n. All new homes must have 1,200 minimum square feet of living
space on the main floor excluding the garage. A variance may be
applied for if the lot does not lend itself to a 1,200 square foot home.
• Request a motion approving a change to the By-Laws limiting the size of a detached building/garage to 50 percent of the main floor living area square footage or 900 square feet, whichever is less. (First Reading)
Maximum Size of Dethatched Building
Per discussion, we are looking to reduce the size of detached buildings regardless if they are sheds or garages. I propose we put the rule in section 4-17 and that it be worded as follows.
4-17-8 Detached structures can be no larger than 50 percent of the existing home footprint, excluding garage, not to exceed 900 square feet. Materials used must be the same as those used on the existing
residence and must be non-industrial materials.
4-17-9 All detached structures over 200 square feet require an Indiana licensed surveyor stamp and must be staked out by the
Safety, Security & Elections Committee Report:
• Request approval of the following changes in our Nomination process. (Requires only one reading)
REQUESTED CHANGES FROM THE SAFETY, SECURITY, & ELECTIONS COMMITTEE ARE IN RED. PRIOR VERBAGE TO BE DELETED IS IN GREEN.
CURRENT REQUIREMENT: NOMINATION SUBMISSION
1-3-6. HVL POA Board of Directors Election Procedures
a. The Nomination Forms for the HVL POA Board of Directors shall be made available on-line at the HVL web site or at the POA office. A notice of the registration deadline will be made public at least one month prior to the deadline.
b. Nominations shall be closed and forms received in the HVL POA Office by the deadline. In order to be valid, a current photo, résumé of the nominee, and the Candidate Résumé Outline must accompany the Nomination Form. These items shall be submitted to the HVL POA Office by:
1. The candidate or a representative of the candidate, if the candidate is unable to submit them in person. The Community Manager will contact the candidate to confirm his or her intent to run.
C . After the nominations are closed, candidate nominations shall be validated at the HVL POA Office to assure that each candidate is qualified to run for election.
• Request approval of the following Rule change concerning signs. (First Reading)
CURRENT REQUIREMENT: SIGNS
11-6-4. Election and Political Sign Rules
a. “Election” or “Political” signs may not be posted on (either) private property (or on community property) within HVL sooner than thirty (30) days prior to an election and must be removed the day after the election is held. Only one (1) “Election” or “Political” sign shall be permitted and is per (personal property lot)membership regardless of how many lots are assigned to that membership. Signs may not be put on community property except on Election Day at the voting precinct only.
b. All “Election” or “Political” signs shall be removed within one (1) day after the election is held. It is the responsibility of the property owner to remove the sign in a timely manner.
Old Business: New Business: Adjournment: