Hidden Valley Lake Future Planning Committee
November 13, 2017
Meeting called to order by: George Lortz at 6:35 p.m.
Members Present: Kathy Wirth, Pat Sutton, Jennifer Donelson, Tom Plogsted, George Lortz,
Members Absent: Gary Ewald,
Board Liaison Present: None.
POA Office Staff Present: Bruce Keller.
Guests Present: None.
Approval of all committee minutes up through September, 2017
Motion to approve made by Tom Plogsted. Seconded by Jennifer Donelson.
Vote count: 5 for, 0 against, 0 abstain.
- Codification of HVL POA By-laws: Discussion led by Bruce Keller. Major discussion points: Bruce reported that the By-laws codification project was completed and the Board has voted to accept the new version. The new version has been loaded onto the HVL POA Web site. Item closed.
- Short-term property rentals within HVL: Discussion led by Bruce Keller. Major discussion points: Bruce reported that the HVL POA Board voted to amend the HVL POA By-laws by designating that all property rentals within HVL must be for a minimum duration of six (6) months. Item closed
- Additional person on office staff: Discussion led by Bruce Keller. Major discussion points: Bruce reported that Richard Gannon has been hired on a half-time basis to serve as the communications coordinator for the POA and also serve as the new Web site support person. Item closed.
- Status of new bridge at the marina: Discussion led by Bruce Keller. Major discussion points: Bruce reported that the plans for the new bridge have been approved by the State of Indiana and construction should start soon. Item closed.
- Status of new shelter at the marina: Discussion led by Bruce Keller. Major discussion points: Bruce reported that the Lakes and Parks committee has filed a Project Request with the Finance Committee for the building of a new shelter at the marina. The cost of the new shelter is estimated to be $60.000. Item closed.
- Status of new dog park project along Fairway Drive: Discussion led by Bruce Keller. Major discussion points: Bruce reported that Dearborn County has formed a 501C organization to investigate the advisability of creating a new dog park along with other amenities along Fairway Drive on Greendale property across from HVL Golf Club property. Other amenities being considered are basketball courts, pickle ball courts and walking paths. HVL resident, Tom Biedenharn, is serving on the new Dearborn County organization. Rizzo Engineering and the Eubank & Kramer law firm are assisting the new organization in planning. The area consists of approximately 70 acres.
- HVL Subdivision Land Use Plan: Discussion led by Jennifer Donelson and Bruce Keller. Major discussion points: Bruce reported that the HVL POA Board had received a final report from a consultant regarding the potential use of the newly acquired land along Georgetown Road.
Jennifer reported that the task force is currently working on creating a series of maps to better define the areas to be included in the LUP. Currently there are 11 interior sections and 6 external sections that have been identified. It was also reported that no Planned Unit Development (PUD) describing a housing development not subject to standard zoning requirements for the area exists today.
It is unlikely that one or more HVL residents’ surveys will be created until sometime after February, 2018.
- Community Master Plan Update: Discussion led by George Lortz: George reported that he has sent reminders to all committee chairs, the Board and office staff requesting their work on CMP updating.
- Community Information Services (CIS) Task Force: Discussion led by George Lortz: George reported that the task force will schedule an initial meeting before the next FP Committee meeting.
- Development of new Property Maintenance Documents: Discussion led by George Lortz. Tabled, awaiting the completion of the By-laws codification effort.
- Expansion of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) Documentation – Tabled.
- Kathy Wirth resignation:
A motion to accept Kathy’s resignation effective immediately was made by Jennifer Donelson. Seconded by Tom Plogsted.
Vote count: 4 for, 0 against, 0 abstain.
Motion to adjourn made by Tom Plogsted. Seconded by Pat Sutton.
Vote count: 4 for, 0 against, 0 abstain.
Meeting adjourned by George Lortz at 8:20 p.m.