Hidden Valley Lake Future Planning Committee
June 12, 2017
Meeting called to order by: George Lortz at 6:38 p.m.
Members Present: Kathy Wirth, Pat Sutton, Gary Ewald, George Lortz, Jennifer Donelson
Members Absent: Michael Paul,
Board Liaison Present: Tom Hamilton.
POA Office Staff Present: Bruce Keller.
Guests Present: None.
- Update on POA Web site Development: Discussion led by Kathy Wirth. Kathy gave a demonstration of some of the more current development activities. Discussion was held about what search features might be supported by the Web site and it was decided to look into the capabilities of searching PDF documents, which comprise a large percentage of the Web site content. Bruce will consult with Moe Manion about this capability.
- Community Master Plan 2017 Review and Update: Discussion led by George Lortz and Kathy Wirth. Major discussion points: The updated 2017 CMP was approved unanimously by the POA Board. Discussions were conducted about future update activities and it was suggested that FP establish a regular annual schedule for conducting Focus Group meetings for update discussions. Bruce will check on dates and make a recommendation for the annual update meeting. FP will start notifying each POA Committee in September about the updating process and deadline dates.
- HVL Subdivision Land Use Plan: Discussion led by Tom Hamilton. Major discussion points: The Committee decided to form a Land Use Plan Task Force headed by Jennifer Donelson. The first activity will be to recruit members of the task force and schedule an initial date for a planning meeting. Michael Paul will be asked to participate.
Kathy and George will focus on developing and delivering one or more resident surveys to provide suggested future uses of HVL land.
- Creation of a Community Information Services (CIS) Task Force: Discussion led by Pat Sutton: It was decided to ask the POA Committees what they would like to see included in future New Resident’s Information education. It was also concluded that decisions were needed about how to best deliver this education. Techniques discussed were the use of the POA Web site, conducting seminars and demonstrations, use of printed material and home visitations. The first step will be contacting various committees and organizations to obtain their input.
- Development of new Property Maintenance Documents: Discussion led by George Lortz. George reported that he will wait to finalize the content of these documents until the final version of the bylaws codification effort is completed.
- Expansion of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) Documentation – Tabled.
Motion to adjourn made by Gary Ewald. Seconded by Jennifer Donelson.
Vote count: 5 for, 0 against, 0 abstain.
Meeting adjourned by George Lortz at 7:50 p.m.