Future Planning Committee Minutes: Jan. 9, 2017

Hidden Valley Lake Future Planning & Political Action Committee
Meeting Minutes
January 9, 2017

Meeting called to order by: George Lortz at 6:39 p.m.

Members Present: Kathy Wirth, Pat Sutton, George Lortz, Jennifer Donelson (by phone).

Members Absent: Michael Paul, Gary Ewald.

Board Liaison Present: Tom Hamilton.

POA Office Staff Present: Bruce Keller.

Guests Present: None.

Current/Active Business:

  • POA Communications System Upgrade: Discussion led by Kathy Wirth. Major discussion points: Kathy reported that there were no major complaints to date regarding the new POA Web site. She also reported that the primary need for Web site development in the near future will be content.
  • Development of new Building Documents: Discussion led by George Lortz. Major discussion points: George reported that the two building documents are completed and have been submitted for inclusion on the new Web site. Printed forms can be made available at the discretion of the POA office staff. Item closed.
  • Community Master Plan 2016 Review and Update: Discussion led by George Lortz. Major discussion points: George reported that several committees are working on updates including S,S&E and Lakes. FP will work on their updates at the February committee meeting. George will contact the Architecture Committee to arrange a meeting to discuss any changes they need. George will also schedule a focus group meeting in March. The Finance Committee may be able to work on simplifying and changing the tone of the current wording in the By-laws.
  • Due Process Procedures: Discussion led by George Lortz. Major discussion points: George volunteered to consolidate all the due process-related information already in the POA By-laws. The work to be done includes tying all this documentation together with the material submitted by Dean Swomley.
  • Creation of a Community Information Services (CIS) Task Force: Discussion led by George Lortz. Major discussion points: George reported that he will announce the formation of the task force at the next POA Board Meeting: The task force has decided to focus on the creation of a new resident information process including the option of in-home visitations.
  • HVL Subdivision Land Use Plan: Item tabled.

New Business:

  • Renaming of the FP&PA Committee: Discussion led by George Lortz. Major discussion points: The Committee discussed the relevance of the current Committee name and decided on change.

Kathy Wirth moved “That the Future Planning and Political Action Committee be rename to the Future Planning Committee.” Seconded by Pat Sutton.

Vote count: 4 for, 0 against, 0 abstain.

  • Development of new Property Maintenance Documents: Discussion led by George Lortz. Major discussion points: George reported that he, Dan Tester and Bruce Keller will be developing two new Property Maintenance documents for inclusion on the Web site and printing.

Motion to adjourn made by Jennifer Donelson. Seconded by Pat Sutton.

Vote count: 4 for, 0 against, 0 abstain.

Meeting adjourned by George Lortz at 7:40 p.m.

Keep In Touch

Sign up to receive the latest news and updates from Hidden Valley Lake.