Future Planning Committee Minutes: August 8, 2016

Hidden Valley Lake Future Planning and Political Action Committee
Meeting Minutes
August 8, 2016

Meeting called to order by: Kathy Wirth at 6:30 p.m.

Members Present: Gary Ewald, Kathy Wirth, Pat Sutton, George Lortz.

Members Absent: Jennifer Donelson, Michael Paul, and Dean Swomley.

Board Liaison Present: Tom Hamilton.

POA Office Staff Present: Bruce Keller.

Guests Present: None.

Current/Active Business:

  • Standing Committee Reorganization: Discussion led by George Lortz. Major discussion points: George reported that the POA Board of Directors did not consider the vote for reorganization. Tom Hamilton reported that the Board does not feel that any expansion to the standing committee structure was acceptable. The Committee decided to table any future discussion regarding a possible new Communications and Public Relations Committee.

Kathy Wirth moved “The FP&PA Committee withdraw its previous request for a motion.” Seconded by Pat Sutton.

Vote count: 4 for, 0 against, 0 abstain.

  • New Board Voting Procedures: Discussion led by George Lortz. Major discussion points: George reported that the POA Board has selected the Safety, Security and Elections Committee to complete this task. Kathy agreed to e-mail all pertinent documents pertaining to this subject to the S,S&E Committee. Item closed.
  • Rewriting of POA Governance Documents: Discussion led by George Lortz. Major discussion points: Tom Hamilton reported that the POA Board has been retained to write the POA governance documents. Tom also reported that any revision of the “Two-reading Rule” had been tabled. Item closed
  • POA Communications System Upgrade: Discussion led by Kathy Wirth. Major discussion points: Kathy reported that the POA Board had reviewed the progress of the Web site development. Work continues, however there is concern that availability of manpower might jeopardize a 2016 completion date.
  • Community Master Plan 2016 Review and Update: Discussion led by George Lortz. Major discussion points: George reported that he plans to schedule meetings with the Lakes Committee and the Architecture Committee to solicit their input into the process. The FP&PA Committee has updates for the CMP, which need to be documented.       Pat Sutton agreed to send an e-mail reminder to committee chairs, the POA Board and the POA staff.
  • HVL Subdivision Land Use Plan: No report.
  • Due Process Procedures: Discussion led by George Lortz. Major discussion points: The Committee agreed that the ideas submitted by Dean Swomley should be documented and considered as a future update to POA governance documentation.

New Business:

  • Dean Swomley Resignation:       Discussion led by Kathy Wirth and George Lortz. Kathy reported that Dean had submitted his resignation due to new personal job requirements.

George moved “That the Future Planning and Political Action Committee accept Dean Swomley’s resignation. Seconded by Kathy Wirth

Vote count: 4 for, 0 against, 0 abstain.

Motion to adjourn made by Gary Ewald. Seconded by Pat Sutton.

Vote count: 4 for, 0 against, 0 abstain.

Meeting adjourned by Kathy Wirth at 7:55 p.m.

Keep In Touch

Sign up to receive the latest news and updates from Hidden Valley Lake.