Future Planning Committee
August 13, 2018
Meeting called to order by: George Lortz at 6:37 p.m.
Members Present: Rich Gannon, Pat Sutton, Dick Myers, Gary Ewald and George Lortz.
Members Absent: Tom Plogsted, Jennifer Donelson.
Board Liaison Present: Tom Hamilton.
POA Office Staff Present: Bruce Keller.
Guests Present: None.
Approval of July, 2018 Committee Minutes:
Motion to approve made by Rich Gannon. Seconded by Pat Sutton.
Vote count: 5 for, 0 against, 0 abstain.
- Land Use Plan Development and Maintenance:Discussion led by George Lortz. George reported that the LUP Task Force is preparing the final version of the LU Survey and is planning to release the survey in the September Echoes and provide in electronic form also. The LUP Task Force is starting to work on the various strategies on how to report the results. The four different sub-groups are working on the individual sections to be part of the first draft of the Plan.
- POA Communications Systems Development– Discussion led by Rich Gannon. Rich summarized the status of the current communications projects reviewed the current activities and plans for POA future communications enhancements including notification messaging, informational videos, website improvements and a future Wi-Fi system.
- Community Master Plan Maintenance– Discussion led by George Lortz. George will contact the standing committees, POA Board and POA staff and request that they start planning for changes to the sections of the CMP that pertain to their areas of responsibility.
- Community Information Services (Education) Development– Discussion led by George Lortz. George distributed a report on the work already done on the identification of future educational offerings for HVL residents. He asked that the Committee members bring their ideas to the next committee meeting and to select which educational offerings they would like to help develop.
- By-Laws Maintenance: Discussion led by Tom Hamilton and George Lortz – Tom reported that the Board was still discussing the wording of the requests for board motions. Pat Hawkins will contact us regarding wording changes and the timing of the introduction of the requests.
- The POA Board of Directors may, from time to time, require that voting on the creation, deletion or modification of POA policies, practices or procedures shall utilize Policy 1-8 specified for passage of POA rules.
- HVL amenities exist for the exclusive use of HVL property owners and their guests. Any proposal for the use of HVL amenities by any other persons or groups must come before the HVL POA Board of Directors for a vote of approval.
- The POA Board of Directors or a POA Standing Committee may, from time to time, appoint a “task force” of people to perform the function of working on a specific duty assigned to it. The task force may consist of POA members and/or non-members and shall have a designated chairman who is POA member. There is no minimum or maximum number of people required to constitute a task force and all work done by the task force becomes the responsibility of the organization (Board or Standing Committee) that created the task force. The task force shall, from time to time, submit the results of its work, including recommendations for action to the organization for subsequent follow-up.
- Finalized documentation for amenities’-approval process. (Completed?)
- Revenue Generation Plan Development– Discussion led by George Lortz and Rich Gannon. The Committee discussed several possible POA revenue-generation projects that could be considered in the future. Those discussed were:
- Bringing the publishing of The Echoes in-house.
- Offering classified ads for the POA website.
- Providing a high-speed Wi-Fi service.
- Printing our own paper phone book.
- Some additional amenity offerings by the Golf Club.
Discussions about these revenue-generation ideas will continue in future Committee Meetings and eventually joint discussions with other committees.
- Property Maintenance Document Development: No report.
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) Documentation Expansion– No report.
Motion to adjourn made by Pat Sutton. Seconded by Dick Myers.
Vote count: 5 for, 0 against, 0 abstain.
Meeting adjourned by George Lortz at 7:50 p.m.