Hidden Valley Lake Future Planning and Political Action Committee
November 14, 2016
Meeting called to order by: George Lortz at 6:30 p.m.
Members Present: Gary Ewald, Kathy Wirth, Pat Sutton, George Lortz.
Members Absent: Jennifer Donelson, Michael Paul.
Board Liaison Present: None.
POA Office Staff Present: None.
Guests Present: None.
Minutes presented by: George Lortz. The Committee recommended a minor wording modification.
Motion to accept as modified by: Gary Ewald. Seconded by: Pat Sutton.
Vote count: 4 for, 0 against, 0 abstain.
• POA Communications System Upgrade: Discussion led by Kathy Wirth. Major discussion points: Kathy provided a demonstration of the current version of the POA Web site. Several items are still work-in-progress and the initial release date will probably occur in early 2017. The following features of the site were discussed:
Content – Moe Manion, Chris Brandt and Kathy are working on this.
Forms – Are being standardized with 31 left to be completed.
Club information – Some clubs have not submitted their information yet.
Business directory – Currently on hold.
Communications Task Force – Will probably not be implemented.
“Notify Me” (Mail Chimp) – Will replace the current Listserv.
• Development of new Building Documents: Discussion led by George Lortz. Major discussion points: George reported that the two documents will probably be completed by year end. The completed documents will be submitted for inclusion on the new Web site. Printed forms will also be made available.
• Community Master Plan 2016 Review and Update: Discussion led by George Lortz. Major discussion points: George reported that several committees are working on updates including S,S&E and Lakes. FP&PA will also submit changes.
• Standing Committee Reorganization: Discussion led by George Lortz. Major discussion points: Item closed.
• Rewriting of POA Governance Documents: Discussion led by George Lortz. Major discussion points: Item closed.
• Due Process Procedures: Discussion led by George Lortz. Major discussion points: It was suggested that elements of the Due Process procedures were already documented in Section 1 of the By-laws. The work to be done includes tying all this documentation together with the material submitted by Dean Swomley.
• New Board Voting Procedures: Discussion led by George Lortz. Major discussion points: Item closed.
HVL Subdivision Land Use Plan: Item tabled.
• Creation of a Community Information Services (CIS) Task Force: Discussion led by George Lortz. Major discussion points: George introduced the concept of a CIS Task Force to accomplish the following:
Purpose: To assist the HVL POA Board of Directors, standing committees, office staff and other task forces in providing information and education to the residents of HVL.
Organization: Initially the task force will report through the Future Planning and Political Action Committee. This could easily evolve into a different arrangement based on future POA organizational changes.
Services offered: The task force will provide four areas of assistance all of which are optional:
A) Creation/design of informational/educational media and course materials.
B) Assistance in presenting or teaching of materials.
C) Promotion of informational/educational offerings.
D) Scheduling of offering sites and equipment.
Two types of services:
A) Regular/On-going informational/educational needs. Example: Offerings for new or prospective residents which can fall into four categories:
1) Web-based materials (in partnership with Communications Task Force).
2) Documentation/hard copy.
3) Class-room instruction.
4) Home visitation (i.e. Welcome Wagon).
B) On-demand informational/educational needs. Examples of specific informational/educational offerings that arise due to POA activities like:
1) Lake safety.
2) Property maintenance.
4) Emergency preparedness.
5) Types and use of amenities.
6) POA organization and operations.
7) Neighborhood watch.
Task force staffing: The task force will start initially with three members, but will do self-promotion to include POA residents with educational/promotional skills.
Motion: George moved “that the FP&PA Committee form a CIS Task Force reporting to the Committee.”
Seconded by: Pat Sutton
Vote count: 3 for, 1 against,-0 abstain.
Motion to adjourn made by Gary Ewald. Seconded by Pat Sutton.
Vote count: 4 for, 0 against, 0 abstain.
Meeting adjourned by George Lortz at 8:09 p.m.