POA members may enjoy open swim, swim lessons and pool parties at the Hidden Valley Lake Pool. The complex includes tennis and basketball courts, a covered picnic shelter with 8 tables, electricity and a grill, a playground, ample parking and bicycle racks. Residents must present a valid HVL ID card for each family member, which will be scanned for entry. See the Residents page to learn how to obtain ID cards. A drivers license is not acceptable ID for pool entry.
* Adult Swim (18+) will be on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12:00-2:00. We are allowing children ages 5 & under to stay in the Baby Pool areas during this time.
Updated Pool Procedures
3) Swim Lessons will be residents only
5) Starting August 17th, the Pool will be open from 4-8 during the week. (Regular hours on the weekend)
6) The Last Day that the Pool will be open is September 27th.
Pool and Beach Opening Procedures for the 2020 Swim Season
- The pool will open on May 24 and is available for Hidden Valley Lake (HVL) residents only.
- There will be three “sessions” during the hours the pool is open. They are as follows:
- Adult Swim Session from 11:00 am to 11:45 am.
- First Session is from 12:00 pm until 3:00 pm.
- Second Session is from 4:00 pm until 7:00 pm.
- Pool capacity at each session will be limited to a maximum of 100 persons, including staff.
- HVL residents must have their ID cards in order to swim and must scan their cards themselves. Only one HVL resident can be at the check-in desk at a time.
- Chairs in the pool area will be in pairs and placed to be six feet apart. They cannot be moved.
- The snack bar will not be open. Residents should pack their own food and drinks (no glass bottles, please).
- Pool users must leave the pool at the end of their sessions (11:45 am, 3:00 pm, and 7:00 pm). The desk attendant will help escort them out.
- The entire pool area will be cleaned during the hour between the First Session and the Second Session. It will be cleaned again at 7:00 pm after the Second Session.
- We deeply regret that there will be no Gator Swim Team in 2020 because of the coronavirus.
- Swim lessons are delayed until July. Specific dates and an enrollment form will be on our website.
- Pool parties may still be scheduled as long as attendance is consistent with Governor Holcomb’s directives. We reserve the right to cancel scheduled parties if circumstances change.
- The beach will open on May 24 and will be open between the hours of 12:00 noon and 6:00 pm and is available for Hidden Valley Lake (HVL) residents only.
- Beach capacity is limited to a maximum of 100 persons, including staff.
- HVL residents must have their ID cards to access the beach and will be checked in by a desk attendant. Only one HVL resident can be at the check-in desk at a time.
- Lifeguards will be present. The lifeguard in the chair will monitor safety in the water. Lifeguards not in the chair will ensure that residents are abiding by CDC guidelines.
Please know that we will do everything as best as we can to make sure that everyone is safe. We are excited to open the pool this summer, but we have to be safe about it.
Due to issues surrounding COVID-19, we regret that there will be
NO Gator Swim Team in 2020
Updates and Cancellations
HVL Pool Events Calendar (below)
Facebook page (“Like” us)
Bulletin Board at the pool
Won’t be long before we are all enjoying summer in Hidden Valley ! The pool will open Saturday May 24th at Noon .. Please make sure to have a HVL ID for each family member when visiting the pool or beach. There is always a lot going on around HVL during the summer. A great way to keep up to date is by checking the website www.hiddenvalleylakeindiana.com for updates . Below is some general pool and beach information, reminders , important dates and swim lesson information. If you have any questions please contact Miranda Wintz, Recreation Manager at email@example.com or 812-537-1707.
Hidden Valley Lake Photo ID
If you do not have and HVL photo ID or have misplaced it, please stop by the POA office and have a new one made. Id cards may be replaced every 5 years if necessary. Lost ID cards may be replaced at a cost of $5.00.
POA office hours are Monday – Thursday 7:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. & Friday 8:00 a.m. -12 Noon
To enter the pool you must have your Hidden Valley Lake ID with a barcode and scan it at the front desk. A driver’s license is not an ID that will be accepted for entry to the pool. Reminder: you must be a member in good standing to be granted access to the pool. All residents must have their guests check in with a lifeguard to sign in and pay appropriate guest fees.
Beach Entry Open Daily. Please stop at the Lifeguard shack and show your Hidden Valley Lake ID. Please remember to bring your HVL ID to the beach at all times. A driver’s license is
not an ID that will be accepted for entry to the Beach. The lifeguards or HVL Deputies will be checking IDs. Guests are permitted at the beach with an HVL resident that has an HVL ID. Guest fees are collected daily. You may contact the beach lifeguard shack during the summer at 812-537-4151.
Guest Policy To use a swimming area, all guests (non-residents) shall be accompanied by an HVL POA member who has a valid HVL ID card or be registered by an HVL POA member and shall display a written temporary pass issued from the HVL POA office or Pool Manager. The swimming areas will charge guest fees on a daily basis. No refunds or rain checks shall be issued.
Pool Guest Fees – $3.00 – 10 years old & up , $2.00 – 5 years old – 9 years old & $1.00 – 4 years old & under
Beach Guest Fees – $2.00 -All Guests
Interesting in renting the pool for a private party?
Residents in good standing may rent the pool from 8:00pm – 10:00pm for a private party , birthdays, family gathering or team parties. There is a Facility & Staffing Fee charged which depends on the number of lifeguards required. The number of staff will depend on the size of your party; there is a minimum of 2 guards per party required.
For more information or to schedule a party contact Miranda Wintz at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Must have an email confirming the pool party date in order to reserve the pool. The date is not secured until the paperwork is turned in with payment. It may either be turned into the POA office or the pool.
Forms available on the website www.hiddenvalleylakeindiana.com
• Non-resident guests must be accompanied by a POA member with a valid HVL ID card.
• Residents may obtain 6 free pool/beach guest passes per season at the POA Office.
• Residents may purchase a seasonal guest pass for non-resident children/grandchildren.
• No more than 8 guests per member per day allowed, except by special permission.
• No refunds or rain checks.
Daily Guest Fees
• Ages 4 and under, $1
• Ages 5 – 9, $2
• Age 10 and over, $3
Pool Rules & Safety Guidelines
Drowning is not the violent, splashing call for help that most people expect.
Drowning is almost always a deceptively quiet event. The waving, splashing, and yelling that television prepares us to look for is rarely seen in real life. In 10 percent of drownings, adults are nearby but have no idea the victim is dying. Here’s what to look for: Drowning Doesn’t Look Like Drowning.
View the Pool Safety Rules & Guidelines.
Swim Lessons (2020 season in review)
Swim lessons for all skill levels are available throughout the season for ages 3 (by January 1 of current year) and up.
All registrations are in person at HVL Pool, 20698 Lakeview Drive. Registrations are accepted during normal pool operating hours. We will continue registration until each class is full. There is limited space available for each class, so registration is first-come, first-served. If you are not sure what level your child needs, we can help you at registration. Registration forms are available, or download 2020 Swim Lesson Registration Form. Cost: $40 per child per week.
Due to COVID-19 guidelines and continual updates, “In-Person” registration is under review. We will keep you posted if there are any changes. It may be necessary to have Registration forms along with payments put in POA mailbox at the POA Community Center.
For more info, contact the Pool Manager, Miranda Wintz
• 5200 sq. ft. Olympic-size pool with 4’ handicap ramp
• 195,00 gallons of water
• Graduated depth 1.9′ to 8′
• 2 springboards
• Fenced zero-depth entry wading pool for children 48″ or under
• 784 gallons of water; maximum depth 1.1′
• Trained and certified lifeguards
• Pool house with restroom, private changing areas and heated showers
• Full-service concession stand with picnic tables
• Lounge chairs on pool deck
• Handicap accessible
• Free Wi-Fi
POA members may rent the pool for birthdays, family gatherings or team parties. Pricing varies and is based on number of party guests. To schedule a party, check the pool calendar below. For more info, see the Pool Party Guidelines & Agreement form or contact the Pool Manager.