POA members may enjoy open swim, swim lessons and pool parties at the Hidden Valley Lake Pool. The complex includes tennis and basketball courts, a covered picnic shelter with 8 tables, electricity and a grill, a playground, ample parking and bicycle racks. Residents must present a valid HVL ID card for each family member, which will be scanned for entry. See the Residents page to learn how to obtain ID cards. A drivers license is not acceptable ID for pool entry.
The HVL Pool is Open
A few reminders:
- EVERYONE needs to have an HVL issued ID card in order to come into the pool and the beach.
- The pool is open from 12:00-8:00.
- There is NO alcohol permitted in the pool.
- There is NO glass permitted at the beach.
- In order to reserve the pool for a party, you must email the pool manager, Miranda Wintz.
- Swim Lessons will take place in July. (The form can be found in the Swim Lesson portion of this page.)
- There will be an Adult Swim from 11:00-11:45.
- There is NO Adult Swim during Swim Lesson Weeks (July 12th – 16th & July 19th – 23rd).
Please know that we will do everything as best as we can to make sure that everyone is safe. We are excited to open the pool this summer, but we have to be safe about it.
Updates and Cancellations
HVL Pool Events Calendar (below)
Facebook page (“Like” us)
Bulletin Board at the pool
Summer is right around the corner, which means that the pool and beach will be opening soon! I am Miranda Wintz, manager of the HVL Pool & Beach, as well as the HVL Gator Swim Team Coach. I know that I am very excited for this summer and I hope everyone else is too. I know that last year was difficult, but I was so glad that we were able to open up our pool and beach. I believe that last summer brought us together as a community and I can’t wait to see what this summer brings. The pool and beach officially open on May 29th at 12:00pm!
Here are a few reminders for the summer since some things have changed:
- Please remember to bring your HVL ID to both the pool and the beach.
- If you need a new one, you can go to the POA Office to receive it.
- Old ID’s are still valid.
- 6 free guests will be added to each ID this year!
- You can also buy a Long-Term Guest ID for $35. This is for one person only, such as non-resident babysitters and/or grandparents.
- These only last for one summer.
- If you rent the upper beach shelter any time between May 29th-September 6th, you can receive your 25 wristbands for your guests from the lifeguards at the beach.
- You may only reserve 2 tables for a party at the bottom beach shelter and these are first come first serve.
- Guest fees for the pool:
- $1.00 – 4 years old & younger
- $2.00 – 5-9 years old
- $3.00 – 10 years & up
- Guest fees for beach:
- $2.00 for all ages
- *All guests must be with an HVL resident.
- 18+ Private Swim will be back this year!
- 18+ Private Swim begins on June 1st and is from 11:00-11:45am.
- There will be NO Adult Swim on the weekends and during Swim Lessons.
- If you would like to reserve the pool for a private pool party, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There is NO alcohol permitted at the pool & NO glass permitted on the beach.
- Pool Hours: 12:00pm-8:00pm (unless otherwise specified)
- Beach Hours with Lifeguard on Duty: 12:00pm-6:00pm
Regarding COVID-19 procedures, we will be going back to as normal as possible. There will be no cleaning breaks during the day, but the pool will be cleaned and sanitized at the end of every day. Research has shown that COVID-19 cannot be contracted through pool water and we will continue to space the chairs out as much as possible. All of us at the pool want to make everyone’s experience enjoyable as well as safe. The biggest danger at a pool or beach is drowning, so please remember to keep an eye on your children. The lifeguards see your child about every 10 seconds and a drowning can happen quickly and silently. All of the lifeguards are American Red Cross Certified and do their absolute best to keep everyone in the pool safe. Overall, we want to make sure that everyone is safe and having a great time. Let’s make this summer a great one!
Interesting in renting the pool for a private party?
HVL Residents in good standing may rent the pool from 8:00pm – 10:00pm for a private party , birthdays, family gathering or team parties. There is a Facility & Staffing Fee charged which depends on the number of lifeguards required. The number of staff will depend on the size of your party; there is a minimum of 2 guards per party required. These parties are first come, first serve.
For more information or to schedule a party contact Miranda Wintz at email@example.com
*Must have an email confirming the pool party date in order to reserve the pool. The date is not secured until the paperwork is turned in with payment. It may either be turned into the POA office or the pool.
Forms available on the website www.hiddenvalleylakeindiana.com
Drowning is not the violent, splashing call for help that most people expect.
Drowning is almost always a deceptively quiet event. The waving, splashing, and yelling that television prepares us to look for is rarely seen in real life. In 10 percent of drownings, adults are nearby but have no idea the victim is dying. Here’s what to look for: Drowning Doesn’t Look Like Drowning.
View the Pool Safety Rules & Guidelines.
• 5200 sq. ft. Olympic-size pool with 4’ handicap ramp
• 195,00 gallons of water
• Graduated depth 1.9′ to 8′
• 2 springboards
• Fenced zero-depth entry wading pool for children 48″ or under
• 784 gallons of water; maximum depth 1.1′
• Trained and certified lifeguards
• Pool house with restroom, private changing areas and heated showers
• Full-service concession stand with picnic tables
• Lounge chairs on pool deck
• Handicap accessible
• Free Wi-Fi