HIDDEN VALLEY LAKE PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
Thursday, February 24, 2022 at 7:00 pm – POA Lower Level
February 24, 2022 Motions:
- Approval of December 2022 Minutes—Board Secretary
- Approval of December 2022 Treasurer’s Report—Treasurer
- Approval of Performance Bonds for Return 02/24/2022—Architectural Committee
- Request for Approval of Variance—Architecture
- Lot Split Request—Architecture
- Request to add New Candidate—Judicial Planning
- Motion to Adjourn
Call to Order: Scott Giska
Pledge of Allegiance:
President’s Report: Scott Giska
Treasurer’s Report: Jeff Fuell
Financial Position for the month of December 2021:
Our Cash Position on December 1, 2021—$440,752.97
Ending Cash on December 31, 2021—$ 426,686.00
Financial Position for the month of January 2022:
Our Cash Position on January 1, 2022—$ 426,686.00
Ending Cash on January 31, 2022—$ 999,624.81
- All amounts are rounded to the nearest dollar.
- HVL POA plans annually for a balanced budget. (i.e., anticipated annual expenses are planned to not exceed anticipated annual income)
- Some infrequent expenses are predictable such as replacement of vehicles, maintenance of our roads, the many lake dams, swimming pool liner, lake dredging etc. Funds are escrowed each year to cover those future expenses and are included in the totals.
- Projected cash at year end is generally equal to zero dollars plus escrowed funds for above mentioned expenses as well as necessary reserves. Reserves include two months of operating capital, capital for asset purchases, and Architecture bond payments to be refunded.
- All financials will be audited by an outside auditor annually.
Finance Committee meeting on 2/16/2022
- Escrow planning is currently the priority with the committee looking out over the next three to five years with the importance of cost controls and the process for moving funds from one account to the other.
- There are many questions from the Finance Committee members about the Eco Harvester, and they are working with the Lakes Committee on answers and relevant numbers before they can make any recommendations to the board of directors.
- Auditors completed on-site portion of Audit. Audit to be received first week of April.
Secretary’s Report: Patricia Hawkins
- Approval of December 2022 Minutes
Community Manager’s Report: Dave Wismann
COMMITTEE AND CLUB REPORTS:
Architecture Committee Report: Tom Cross
Performance Bonds for Return 02/24/2021
Lot # 1088H Cindy & Chuck Morgan
Property Address 20252 Matterhorn Drive Bond Amount $500.00
City, State, Zip Lawrenceburg, IN 47025 Dues Owed $0
Fine/Fees Owed $0
- Request for approval of an 8’ Variance on rear setback to place a shed on the property of Mike and Donna Kinnett, Lot # 3292H, 19174 Hampton Drive.
- Lot Split REquest
Linda and Mike Chaney
Lot # 396
20287 Lakeview Drive
Lawrenceburg, IN 47025
Finance Committee Report:
- No Report
Lakes Committee: Eric Fox
- Gerry Young has decided to retire from lakes after some 20 years. Thank you for his significant contributions. We are looking to transition his lake statistics reporting to someone to carry on that important role.
- Important Dates: Lake treatments set as May 9th, June 13th, and August 15th.
- Look for the boater’s test and registrations to be mailed soon (March 3rd). Also, dock rentals and kayak rack rentals will be sent as well.
- Lakes is organizing a lake debris clean up on May 15th. Place debris on your dock and we’ll pick up with the “work boat”. More details to come.
- Fixed docks at Willies are under construction. Awaiting bid to redo the floating sections. Intend to be similar to the Marina dock with kayak launch.
- Fish study on the main lake this summer. Happens every third year or so. Small Lake Fish study for all small lakes to budget/bid for next summer.
- Committee passed a motion to allow F&G to place slot bass in Melody after tournaments. Fishing pressure is high there. Very likely to be caught and removed.
Parks Committee Report: Amy Ayers-Wilson
- Pool/Beach Update
- Playground Assessment
- Nature Trail Update
Safety, Security & Elections Committee Report: Don Norris
Questions and concerns to be addressed during 2022:
- Dogs tied out for extended times especially during bad weather.
- Parking in POA lots for extended periods.
- Various Board Member subjects including attendance, term limits, and removal procedures. (Held over from 2021)
- Wake boarding. (Held over from 2021)
- Pedestrian traffic and safety concerns.
- Stop signs (Continuation from 2021)
Judicial Panel: Rick Paul
- Current activities report
- Request to add new candidate
50th Anniversary update—Patricia Hawkins
- Motion to Adjourn