Architecture Committee Meeting
Wednesday, July 6, 2022
Unapproved Architecture Committee Meeting Minutes
Called to Order by: Tom Cross 5:30 PM
Members Present: Tom Cross, Bob Maudlin, Phil Heitz, Jerry Goodrich, Alan Kohlhaas
Members Absent: None
POA Office Staff Present: Gina Keller
Property Maintenance Compliance Officer Present: Dan Tester
Board Liaison Present: Ken Horn
Community Manager Present: No
Residents in Attendance: Michael Palmere, Joseph Naras, Shelby Ellis, Kerry &Alison Zickuhr, Chris & Kerrie Kitts, Bonita Mack, Andy Hilliker, Emily Carson, Frederick Krieger & Jerry Herrmann with Realtor Paige Wurtz
- Michael Palmere, Lot # 2540H, 1723 Cove Circle East. Install a 9’ X 25’ Shorestation canopy, sand beige in color, mounted on the existing boatlift located parallel to the dock, which is installed parallel to the shoreline. Unanimously approved by the Architecture Committee.
- Joseph & Corrie Naras, Lot # 2467H, 20244 Cedar Cliff Drive. Install a 4’ X 100’ natural stone retaining wall to be located behind the home. The wall will be partially located above the sewer line easement. The location was approved by Valley Rural Utilities and the owner will be responsible if any expenses are incurred in the event of essential utility maintenance. Unanimously approved by the Architecture Committee.
- Shelby Ellis, Lot # 1708, 1338 Cliftmont Circle. Installing a brown wood 6’ high X 8’ long privacy fence located in the buildable area behind the home. Unanimously approved by the Architecture Committee.
- Kerry & Alison Zickuhr, Lot 1914H, 19902 Cravenhurst Drive. Seeking a permit to install a 12’ X 20’ premade shed, dark red with grey trim and gray metal roof, similar to the house. Installing a gravel driveway off Ray Linn Dr. leading to the shed, 12’ X 46.5’, and 11’ X 13’ parking pad behind the shed, adding a 20’ culvert pipe at the road. The shed is located in the buildable area of the lot. An existing shed will be removed. Unanimously approved by the Architecture Committee.
- Chris & Kerrie Kitts, Lot 895/896H/897, 1032 St. Moritz Court. Replacing an existing deck and making it smaller, 12’ X 30’, and adding a new elevated walkway attached to the side of the house, 16’ long X 3’ wide, using wood, connecting the deck to the wood landing located between the carport and the house. Unanimously approved by the Architecture Committee.
- Bonita & Robert Mack, Lot 2098H/2099, 1457 Brabamhurst Drive. Building a 16’ X 16’ shingle roof over the deck. Colors to match the house and trim. Unanimously approved by the Architecture Committee.
- Andy Hilliker & Nicole Hilliker, Lot 3232H, 1031 Hartford Circle. Replacing the existing shed and extending to a 10’ X 16’ lofted barn shed, colors are utterly beige and neutral ground. The eves of the shed will be no more than 7’ above the ground level. Unanimously approved by the Architecture Committee.
- Jason & Emily Carson, Lot 505H, 20578 Lakeview Drive. Installing a 10’ X 16’ Utility shed, tan and studio clay with a charcoal colored roof. Will be adding a window and a door to the basic production design. Unanimously approved by the Architecture Committee.
- Frederick & Lorie Krieger, Lot 1847 and 1850, split lots. The split lots were discussed in our last meeting and the decision was made that this should be approved and recorded by the POA. These lots were split years ago, do not have the exact date. Paige Wurtz (realtor) represented the Krieger’s. Also in attendance was Jerry Herrmann. To facilitate the de-contiguation of the existing contiguated lots so a sale of property may occur, new surveys are needed to assure no violations of Rules regarding setbacks would result. The list of lots involved include Lots # 1845, 1846, 1847, 1848, 1849, 1850, 1851 & 1852. Additionally, the plots currently existing, created by dividing two of the lots, apparently back in 1995, are not officially recorded in the POA Offices. These issues must be resolved so future projects can proceed without creating any additional issues. The Architecture Committee will fully cooperate to assure these matters can be quickly resolved.
The following projects were AA approved and will be reviewed:
- Randy & Mary Juenke, Lot 1446H, 607 Aspen Hill Court. Replacing damaged roof using shingles like what is on the house.
- Sam Ahlrichs, Lot # 1861H, 1491 Aqua Vista Drive. Adding a 17’ X 20’ concrete patio with two steps.
- Karen Petrovic, Lot # 2082/2083H, 1578 Brabamhurst Drive, Adding a metal roof over the front porch.
- Jeff Thompson, Lot # 2243H/2244, 1472 Sandamont Drive. Replacing brown roof shingles with the same color.
- John Litchholt, Lot 1218/H/1219/1220, 457 Eagleview Drive. Replacing RipRap for slope runoff and decorative landscape.
- Harry & Linda Gurgol, Lot 1716H, 1418 Cliftmont Circle. Adding a kayak rack, pictures on file.
The following projects were approved by Architecture Committee without a meeting: None
The following projects were approved after pins were located on property:
The following projects were Board approved: None
ApproveArchitecture Meeting Minutes for June 15, 2022.
Motion to approve: Jerry Goodrich Seconded by: Bob Maudlin
Old Business: Ken Horn updated the situation regarding the parking pad on Greenlawn that was installed without a permit. The ongoing situation has yet to be corrected and the homeowner has not cooperated with request to bring the oversized parking pad into compliance with the Rules. Dave Hafner, familiar with the details of the issue, has volunteered to meet to pursue a resolution.
New Business: Dan Tester brought up a topic he was asked to address at our meeting.The Committee engaged in a discussion regarding the installation of silt fences on any property when dirt is moved. Considered were topics like the efficacy of such fences, the overall need, other options, and the ability to enforce such a rule when residents engage in small projects. The desirability of a new rule was acknowledged but no reasonable and enforceable rule could be established. No result obtained.
Another issue: Dan Tester requested the Committee Members examine a potential upcoming issue regarding the rules on lakefront setbacks in regards to Lot # 129 on Longview Dr. The homeowner has filled in (reclaimed) the lakefront out to his property line and wishes to have his official setback from the lake altered on the plot plan to reflect the currently existing setback and have that change reflected on his plot plans so he can obtain a permit for new construction.
Minutes Taken by: Phil Heitz
Motion to Adjourn:
Motion by: Alan Kohlhaas Seconded by: Bob Maudlin 7:45 PM
Submitted by: Phil Heitz