Architecture Committee Meeting
Wednesday, September 1, 2021
Committee 5:30 PM
Guest 6:00 PM
Called to Order by: Tom Cross 5:30 PM
Members Present: Jerry Goodrich, Phil Heitz, Tom Cross, Bob Maudlin
Members Absent: Alan Kohlhaas
POA Office Staff Present: Gina Keller
Property Maintenance Compliance Officer Present: Dan Tester
Board Liaison Present: Dave Hafner
Community Manager Present: No
Residents and Property Owners in Attendance: Brad Trauth representing BCT Investments, Linda & Meghan Lynch, Michael James
Guest: Timothy Hill, Lot # 309/310, 19767 Overlook Circle, new resident in Hidden Valley. Mr. Hill attended the Architecture meeting to observe. (Second visit)
John Knab, resident, Lots 2622/2623H/2624, 20320 Alpine Dr. attending to become familiar with how the Committee operates since he is considering future projects.
- BCT Investments, LLC, Lot 2300, 20572 Heather Court, Contractor seeking Permit to construct a new home. Both the Plot Plans and the drawing for the new home were presented. The single story home will have 1408 sq. ft. of living space on the first floor and an unfinished basement with 2 escape windows and a walkout door. The front will be sided with grey brick veneer and the remainder will be grey vinyl siding, white trim white garage door and a black front door. The shingles will be “weathered wood”. The Committee Members unanimously approved both the plot plan and the design of the home.
- BCT Investments, LLC, Lot # 2854, 21081 Sunnyridge Drive, Contractor seeking Permit to construct a new home. Both the Plot Plans and the drawing for the new home were presented. The home will be 1 floor, constructed on a slab with 1282 sq. ft. of living space. The front façade will be grey stone and grey vinyl siding and tan shakes. Other sides will be grey vinyl. The roof will have “weathered wood” shingles. White garage door and white trim, black front door. The Committee Members unanimously approved both the plot plan and the design of the home.
- Linda & Meghan Lynch, Lot # 506, 1077 Oak Court, seeking a permit for construction of a new home to be built by TK Construction. Presented were the Plot Plan and Drawings for the Home. Located on a corner lot, the front of the home faces Lakeview Drive and the driveway also has access on Lakeview Drive. Constructed with crawl space under the living area, the single story home has 1361 sq. ft. of living space, will have dark grey vinyl siding, white shutters and white trim. Roof shingles will be “charcoal” and the front door will be “driftwood”. The Committee Members unanimously approved both the plot plan and the design of the home. The residents wish to change their address to Lakeview Drive. Tom Cross explained our POA and Committees have no authority to make such changes, and provided the homeowners with a list of Contacts they may use in their efforts to make that change in address.
- Pamela Kraeling & Michael James, Lot # 3354/3355, 19629 Alpine Drive, replacing existing 10’ X 12’ metal shed with a 10’ X 16’ wooden shed, laying gravel under the shed. The shed will be painted to match the color of the home. The home has tan siding, a brown roof, and white trim. The gravel under the shed will be an area 20’ X 22’ and 4” thick. The Committee Members unanimously approved both the location as shown on the plot plan, and the design of the shed.
The following projects were AA approved and will be reviewed:
- David & Amanda Sheeley, Lot # 2016H, 19812 Ventura Drive. Removing existing deck and replacing with 18’ X 37’ pavers.
- David Schwab, Lot # 178, 20007 Elm Drive. Changing roof, siding gutters and soffits. Roof color: “Heather Blend” (a dark shade of brown), the gutters will be “Smokey Ash” (tan), and the siding and soffits will be “Canyon” (grey) vinyl.
The following projects were approved by Architecture Committee without a meeting: None
The following projects were approved after pins were located on property:
- Danielle Bering, Lot 1125H, 1696 Liebchen Court, May 5, 2021, pins were located for fence placement and approved by Dan Tester.
The following projects were Board approved: None
ApproveArchitecture Meeting Minutes for August 18, 2021.
Motion to approve by: Bob Maudlin Seconded by: Jerry Goodrich
Old Business: Continued discussion on the width of a driveway.
The Committee, with participation from Dan Tester and Dave Hafner who have broad experience as regards this issue, and after several efforts to create definitions and rules for driveways, concluded any efforts to do so would result in no satisfactory set of Rules that could be applied in a reasonable and manageable, standardized manner. Therefore the Committee unanimously agreed to not attempt to redefine or change existing relevant Bylaws and Rules.
New Business: None
Minutes Taken by: Phil Heitz
Motion to Adjourn:
Motion by: Bob Maudlin Seconded by: Jerry Goodrich 6:42 PM
Submitted by: Phil Heitz