Architecture Meeting Minutes 3-17-21

 Architecture Committee Meeting Minutes

         Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Committee 5:30 PM

Guest 6:00 PM

Approved Architecture Committee Meeting Minutes

Called to Order by:    Tom Cross      5:30 PM

Members Present:   Dan Tester, Tom Cross, Phil Heitz, Alan Kohlhaas, Bob Maudlin, Jerry Goodrich

Members Absent:   None

POA Office Staff Present:     Gina Keller

Board Liaison Present:   None

Community Manager Present:   No 

Residents in Attendance:   Mike Hanahan, Jon Karle, Michael Elliott

Guest:

  1. Mike & Jane Hanahan, Lot # 1875, 1442 Aqua Vista Drive. Installation of a boat lift 127” wide X 120” in length, made of aluminum, to be installed next to the existing dock and not to extend more than 12 ft. into the lake. The application for a Permit, as presented, was unanimously approved by the Architecture Committee. 
  1. Jon & Wendi Karle, Lot # 985/986H, 21105 Alpine Drive. Seeking a Permit to add a parking pad 26’ X 8’ paved with brown paver blocks. Also to be installed are two retaining walls, 12” X 10’ and 12” X 4’ using allen block, also colored brown. The application for a Permit, as presented, was unanimously approved by the Architecture Committee.
  1. Michael & Deborah Elliott, Lot # 1107H/1108, 20411 Matterhorn Drive. Requesting a Permit to replace drainage pipes which run alongside of 2 retaining walls 16” X 30’ and 2’ X 8’, and regrade a section of back yard measuring 26’ X 28’ to allow for better drainage. The runoff water will be directed toward the drainage area behind the house. The application for a Permit, as presented, was unanimously approved by the Architecture Committee.
  1. Committee discussed this variance again to comply with request from Dave Hafner.  Notes from March 3, 20212 Meeting: Shelby Ellis, Lot # 1708, 1338 Cliftmont Circle.  Kevin Nare is working with Shelby Ellis on house plans for this property.  Ms. Ellis and Kevin Nare, a representative for Sequoia, will need a variance of 14 feet in the front of the house and a 10 ft. variance at the rear of the house which will exceed the 55 ft. offset from the lake. In addition, the decks on the back of the house will be cantilevered above the Sewer easement. The Valley Rural Utility Co. was contacted, and they agreed the cantilevering of the decks above the easement for the sewer lines would be acceptable. The variance will be essential if the ranch style home is to be constructed on that site. The home has 1385 sq. ft. of living space on the first floor and a finished lower level with walkout. All issues are to be combined into one application for a variance and the homeowner and Contractor wish to start the process for obtaining the variance as quickly as possible. The details of those setback variances will be checked against the existing setbacks of the neighboring homes and the possible issues of building closer than 55 feet from the shoreline will also be evaluated. The request, presented by Dave Hafner, is to provide the information that will be essential for the POA Board to make a proper decision if the Architecture Committee wishes to move the request for a variance forward and present it to the Board.That request is the result of not providing adequate information needed to make a determination to approve if appropriate. The information needed can be obtained by having an official surveyor drawn plot plan with the location of the home accurately drawn and dimensioned on the new plot plan. The dimensions required must include all offsets, setbacks, and the elevations of the four corners of the foundation.

The following projects were AA approved and will be reviewed: 

  1. Marek Dziadhawiec, Lot # 1547H, 19924 Lakeview Drive. Install a brick mailbox 48” H X 50” W X 20” D. 
  1. Steven & Kimberly Johnson, Lot # 2560H/2561, 20240 Alpine Drive. Painting shed, taupe (same color as house), installing wooden play set 22 ft. L X 10 ft. W  X 8.5 ft. H, wood color, will not be permanently attached or anchored down.  French drains and yard catch basins to be installed. 
  1. Michael & Lisa Palmere, Lot # 2540H, 1723 Cove Circle East. Replacing existing concrete drive with no change in dimensions.   Received bond check.  
  1. James & Tonya Seiwert, Lot # 1665H, 19804 Alpine Drive. Replacing damaged roof and gutters from tree damage, color of roof shingles on file.  
  1. Dan & Linda Kuhn, Lot # 786H, 978 Geneva Court. Replacing asphalt drive, no change in dimensions.  

The following projects were approved by Architecture Committee without a meeting:   None

The following projects were Board approved:   None

Approve March 3, 2021 Architecture Meeting Minutes: 

Motion by:  Tom Cross     Seconded by:   Jerry Goodrich

Old Business:

Continue to work on Architectural bylaws.  After discussing new business, the Architecture Committee spent several minutes discussing proposed changes to the Rules and Bylaws. It was determined several changes will be essential but final wording of the text of each change was not finalized. The Committee Members are to write recommendations for the changes to be presented, reviewed, and finalized at the next meeting.

New Business:  

Robert Lowe, Lot # 373H/374/375, 938 Rustic Drive, put in a concrete pad without Architectural approval.  Notes from October 7, 2020 Architectural Minutes:

Robert Lowe, Lot # 373H/374/375, 938 Rustic Drive, replacing existing driveway with blacktop, adding 30’ X 30’ concrete pad for future addition in the spring, 48” X 26’ cinder block retaining wall with French drain around the side of the house. Painting house 2 shades of grey, light gray on brick and dark grey on wood siding.  There are no plans or design drawings regarding the construction of the home addition to be built on the 30’ X30’ pad which is to serve as a foundation for the new home addition, so until the complete plan is made available, the Architecture Committee cannot approve the concrete pad. All other aspects of the proposed projects were unanimously approved by the Architecture Committee and a Permit for those plans was issued. The homeowners will work swiftly to obtain the needed drawings and plans required for the issuing of the additional construction permit they seek.

A check on the property revealed the homeowner had concrete work done without first obtaining a Permit and without posting the required Bond. Dan Tester is to issue a Notice to Robert Lowe to appear before the Architecture Committee to determine the appropriate steps to be taken to correct the resulting issues.

Minutes Taken by:   Phil Heitz

Motion to Adjourn:   

Motion by:  Bob Maudlin   Seconded by:   Jerry Goodrich     7:27 PM

Submitted by:   Phil Heitz

ACTION REQUIRED

Take a moment and update your personal information