Architecture Committee Meeting
Wednesday, October 6, 2021
Called to Order by: Tom Cross 5:22 PM
Members Present: Jerry Goodrich, Alan Kohlhaas, Bob Maudlin, Phil Heitz
Members Absent: None
POA Office Staff Present: Gina Keller
Property Maintenance Compliance Officer Present: Dan Tester
Board Liaison Present: Dave Hafner
Community Manager Present: No
Residents in Attendance: John Janszen, Cody Ralph, Paul Egbers (contractor) for Tim McKinney
- Kathleen Lyman & Cody Ralph, Lots 2836/2837, 1922 Ridgewood Circle. Install 8’ X 8’ Blemont Gable Engineered wood storage shed, brown in color to match the house and a light brown asphalt shingle roof. Add a 10’ X 36’, 360 sq. ft. gravel parking pad to be installed parallel to the driveway. Unanimously approved by the Architecture Committee.
- John & Donna Janszen, Lot # 2541, 1713 Cove Circle East. Install an 8’ 3” square boat lift being relocated from another site. The installation will not extend more than 12’ into the lake. The installation as shown on the Plot Plan was unanimously approved by the Architecture Committee.
- Tim McKinney, Lot #3177, 1494 Kathy Court. Replace existing wall (20’ X 4’) and steps. Adding a retaining wall, 15’ X 2.5’. Contractor, Egbers. The issuing of a Permit was unanimously approved by the Architecture Committee.
The following projects were AA approved and were reviewed:
- John & Diane Homoelle, Lot # 1590, 1206 Monteray Circle. Adding 125’ of rip rap on shoreline, 6-9” of limestone, from 3’ below summer pool to 4’ above summer pool, one foot deep over fabric.
- Bill & Trina Jacob, Lot # 169, 20024 Longview Drive. Corner lot home, extending 15” culvert pipe 240’ on Hickory Road and Longview Drive. Adding 3’ X 3’ catch basin.
- Diana Popov, Lot # 341, 807 Greentree Road. Replacing existing wooden floor for the upper deck, no change in dimensions.
- Steve & Kathy Jones, Lot # 841H, 807 Walnut Ridge Trail, replacing shingle roof to black, painting home a charcoal grey from a cedar color, replacing shingles and painting existing shed to match house.
- Zachary Smith, Lot # 812H, 20968 Lakeview Drive. Adding a concrete pad for front sitting area and new front door. Pad will be 4’ X 12’ 10”. Also adding to existing walkway. Using a mini mixer.
- Rhonda Murdock, Lot # 1036, 21193 Alpine Drive. Adding patio pavers to rear of the house. 18’ X 22’.
The following projects were approved by Architecture Committee without a meeting: None
The following projects were approved after pins were located on property:
The following projects were Board approved: None
ApproveArchitecture Meeting Minutes for September 15, 2021:
Motion by: Jerry Goodrich Seconded by: Bob Maudlin
Old Business: None
New Business: Brief discussion regarding the Winter Meeting Schedule for the Architecture Committee resulted in a decision to have the October 20, 2021 and the November 3, 2021 Meetings as scheduled. At that time the topic will be readdressed and further options will be discussed then.
Gina Keller brought up an issue regarding an objection by a property owner and a surveyor regarding the redrawing of plot plans when a lot split occurs. The surveyor told the property owner they didn’t need to show structures and their locations on the properties when drawing the new contiguated property plot plans. That clearly violates Rule 4-4-41. The Committee members unanimously agreed to adhere to the Rule. Surveyor drawn Plot Plans shall include existing structures.
Also mentioned was a proposed addition to the Rules on Lot Splits. An added statement proposed by Bob Maudlin that the division between the split lots must be a straight line. That proposed change has not been officially approved by the Board. We have no record of that change being proposed at any POA Board Meeting.
Minutes Taken by: Phil Heitz
Motion to Adjourn:
Motion by: Alan Kohlhaas Seconded by: Jerry Goodrich
Submitted by: Phil Heitz