Architecture Committee Meeting
Wednesday, Sept. 5, 2018, 4:30PM
Called to Order by: Dave Hafner at 4:30
Members Present: Dave Hafner, Dan Tester, Phil Heitz
Members Absent: Mike Chenault, Debra Spaulding, Alan Kohlhaas, Jeff Mueller
Board Liaison Present: Donna Yetzer
Community Manager Present: Bruce Keller, Gina Keller
Residents in Attendance: Daniel Bihn, Michael Sundbye, Candace Adams, Corey and Larry Walters, Randal and Brenda Glacken
- Daniel Bihn, Lot #1561, 19368 Newcom Knoll, New Home. Plot plan and home design okayed by Committee. Vinyl siding color: Pewter. Trim: White. Roof: Black shingles. Approved by committee.
- Michael Sundbye, Lot # 658H/659, 20511 Edelweiss Lane, Detached Garage, 36′ X 26′ on front elevation of property. Variance was approved was approved by Board of Directors on October 26, 2017. Garage constructed with second floor storage area and roof pitch was changed from a 12:12 pitch to a 12:10 pitch to lower the height of the roof. Vertical siding and color to match the house. Approved by Committee.
- 3.Candace Adams, Lot # 2115H/2116, 20853 Alpine Drive, Request for a 21′ variance. Variance not recommended and Property Owner agreed to relocating the shed .The 8′ X 12′ shed will have wood siding matching the color of the home. It will be located 10′ from the property line, Right edge of lot # 2115, and located 49′ from the rear of the lot. A dog kennel shelter will be removed from lot # 2116. A dog house may be located on lot # 2115 inside of the fenced in area. The job is to be completed within 90 days. Approved by Committee.
- Doug Duty, Lot # 1634/1635H/1636, 19642 Knollwood Drive. Committee discussed Drawings provided by Mr. Duty, not present, seeking a variance to build a gravel parking pad 4′ from the right edge of lot # 1634 (lots are contiguous), for the purpose of parking a boat. No driveway or other approach to the pad is requested. The decision is delayed until Committee members have an opportunity to inspect the site. The location must be added to the plot plan and should be staked off prior to any consideration for approval.
- Corey & Larry Walters, Lot # 3126, 1637 Fieldcrest Drive. Request for variance to build on the property. Dimensions of the home, installation of the drive, foundation, garage, culvert, and other aspects are complex issues due to the topography of the lot. The need for a variance is unlikely if the the specifications are adjusted to it the plot. The builder is to bring in the final designs, stake off the location, and a culvert will have to be installed under the driveway. Size (diameter) to be determined.
- Catherine Lampe-Witte, Lot # 378, 967 Rustic Court. Replacing existing concrete walls, adding (8) 4′ wide stone steps to transition from walkout. Approved, as drawn and proposed.
- Scott & Jennifer Daniels, Lot # 2120H/2121, 20813 Alpine Drive. 50′ X 17′ composite decking with black aluminum railing, AB classic retaining wall 40” X 80′ and 15′ X 30′ above ground swimming pool. Drainage considerations, required due to topography of the land, are to be managed/controlled by the installation of the retaining wall. Contractor Dave Hafner to manage the project.
- Bradley Russell, Lot # 1983H 1984, 19803 Ventura Drive. Signature for Bond Return of $500.00 inspected and signed by Dan Tester.
- Randal & Brenda Glacken, Lot # 2725/2726H/2727, 1737 Tuppence Trail. Remove existing shed and install new shed on lot # 2727. Size 30′ X 36′. Horizontal steel siding color to match house and black steel roof, steel framing, Two garage doors, 9′ X8′ and side entrance door, on concrete slab. No driveway to the front garage doors. Survey requested along with staking of the location. Final drawings to be supplied prior to approval.
The following projects were approved by Architecture Committee without a meeting:
- Jeff & Susan Timberlake, Lot # 2365H/2409, 19317 Par Drive. 15” pipe reduced to 12” pipe run to catch basin 55′ away, cover with dirt. POA Office spoke to Jeff and strongly suggested to use a 15” pipe. Approved
- Jerry Spangler, 1338H/1339, 858 Greentree Road. Replacing front porch and adding a wheelchair ramp. 22′ ramp with 3′ handrails. Approved
- William Brian Walker, Lot # 1545H, 19904 Lakeview Drive. 14 ½’ X 14 ½’ shed, gray in color. Approved
- John Hasselbeck, Lot #855/856H/857/958, 898 Walnut Ridge Trail. Extending culvety pipereduced from 15” to 12”, 40′ in length. Approved
- Scott Giska, Lot #1883H, 1522Aqua Vista Drive, 8′ 2” X 8′ 2” shed approved.
- Jason & Erica Person, Lot # 1535H, 19814 Lakeview Drive. Detachable pool safety fence, 4′ high X 106′ total length, mesh black. Approved
- Eric Johnson, Lot# 540, 1214 Skyview Circle, 8′ X 12′ shed. Brown color to match the house. Approved
- 8.Teresa Cox, Lot # 240, 747 Hickory Road. Replacing fence with same dimensions, regrading front and side elevation approximately 12′ from house to correct drainage. Approved as requested.
The following projects were approved by the Board of Directors during the August 30, 2018 POA Board Meeting:
- Kristy Witaker, Lot # 1348, 948 Greentree Road. 20′ Variance to place shed on property.
- Eric Johnson, Lot # 540, 1214 Skyview Circle, Lot Split approved.
Old Business: None discussed
New Business: Split lot discussion. New lot splits should be required to provide new Plot Plans with survey to update files and assure proper future reference information. The survey requirements must be added to the Bylaws.
All references to 900 Sq. Ft. limits on any lots for new home construction must be removed from the Bylaws and a note added to the remaining 1200 Sq. Ft. requirement stating variances may be considered.
All detached garages, sheds and outbuildings are to be limited to a maximum area of 900 Sq. Ft.
Bruce Keller is to provide the appropriate changes to the Bylaws for presentation to the Board for approval.
Also discussed: Quality and thoroughness of many Plot Plans is poor and need to be updated. It was suggested each new project requiring additions to the existing Plot Plan be accompanied with a request that the home owner update their Plot Plan and add on any changes that are missing from that document. When the property is viewed or inspected prior to approval, the Architecture Committee members should assure the Plot Plan reasonably represents the actual or existing structures placed on the Lot(s).
August 1, 2018 Architecture Meeting Minutes Approved and Motion to Adjourn: 6:40 PM. Motions by: Bruce Keller. Second by: Dave Hafner.
Minutes taken and Submitted by: Phil Heitz