Architecture Committee Meeting
Wednesday, August 3, 2022
ApprovedArchitecture Committee Meeting Minutes
Called to Order by: Tom Cross 5:20 PM
Members Present: Tom Cross, Bob Maudlin, Frank Goodrich, Phil Heitz, Alan Kohlhaas
Members Absent: None
POA Office Staff Present: Gina Keller
Property Maintenance Compliance Officer Present: Dan Tester
Board Liaison Present: Ken Horn
Community Manager Present: No
Residents in Attendance: Matt Euson with contractor Dan Moller, Beverly & Jim Neville, Barry Jennings, Arthur Knippenberg, Phillip Stewart
- Matt Euson, Lot # 459H, 20263 Longview Drive. Addition of stairs on the existing deck and installing kayak racks near the shoreline, plus a post with lights. Unanimously approved by the Architecture Committee.
- Beverly Neville, Lot 2848H, 2111 Sunnyridge Drive. Installing a decorative aluminum satin khaki colored 4’ high fence with a 5’ gate, posts set in concrete. Also installing a 10’ X 12 ‘ X 6” thick concrete pad for a hot tub located behind the home. Unanimously approved by the Architecture Committee.
- Barry & Kala Jennings, Lot 1254/1255H/1256, 326 Ivy Hill Drive. Installing an 8’ X 10’ utility shed with black metal roof, wood siding, painted to match the house. Unanimously approved by the Architecture Committee.
- Arthur Knippenberg & Dianna Clark, Lot 73/74H/75, 988 Hickory Road. Adding new deck, 25’ X 5’, to the existing deck. Replacing existing 10’ X 12’ shed with a new shed measuring 12’ X 18’ painted blue to match new siding that is being put up. Replacing existing railroad tie retaining wall around the shed with concrete blocks set on top of a poured concrete footer, 18’ long by 3’ high with drainage and gravel backfill. Unanimously approved by the Architecture Committee.
- Phillip & Melissa Stewart, Lot 2626/2627H, 20360 Alpine Drive. Replacing the deck boards on the existing 6’ W X 5’ front porch and building another 5’ X 14’ 8” W porch addition with wood stairs at the end of the new section of porch. Unanimously approved by the Architecture Committee.
- Gerald & Suzanne Herrmann, Lots 1845/1846/1851/1852/1853/1847A/1850A, 20074 Ravenda Drive, new plot plan submitted for easement. The Architecture Committee reviewed the new plot plan and signed off on the addition of the easement.
The following projects were AA approved and reviewed:
- Harry & Linda Gurgol, Lot 1716H, 1418 Cliftmont Circle. Repainting house. The house is grey with white trim, repainting same color grey, and changing white lattice under sunroom to grey.
The following projects were approved by Architecture Committee without a meeting: None
The following projects were approved after pins were located on property:
The following projects were Board approved: None
Approval of theArchitecture Meeting Minutes for July 20, 2022.
Motion to approve by: Alan Kohlhaas Seconded by: Bob Maudlin
Old Business: A brief discussion of how to proceed with the issue of the oversized parking pad on Lot # 3094, 1463 Greenlawn Way. Ken Horn will report the recommendation by the Architecture Committee to the POA Board which includes charging the recommended fine and removing excess square footage. The reason being the property owner was aware of the need to obtain a permit and deliberately ignored following the appropriate procedures.
New Business: The Architecture Committee considered the scheduled discussion regarding the topic of pole buildings. It is the opinion of the Committee that such structures can be built in a manner that results in appearances that are difficult to distinguish from other construction methods. Permit Applications for the construction of pole buildings will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Minutes Taken by: Phil Heitz
Motion to Adjourn: 6:58 PM
Motion to adjourn by: Frank Goodrich Seconded by: Alan Kohlhaas
Submitted by: Phil Heitz