Architecture Committee Meeting
Wednesday, September 7, 2022
Committee 5:15 PM
Guest 6:00 PM
Approved Meeting Minutes
Called to Order by: Tom Cross 5:15 PM
Members Present: Tom Cross, Bob Maudlin, Frank Goodrich, Phil Heitz
Members Absent: Alan Kohlhaas
POA Office Staff Present: Gina Keller
Property Maintenance Compliance Officer Present: Dan Tester
Board Liaison Present: Ken Horn
Community Manager Present: No
Residents in Attendance: Leslie Hohulin, Greg Goldschmidt, Autumn Farmer, William & Sandra Mock, Dustin Kanzlemar, Serge Fesenko, Eric Fox for the Lakes Committee
Guest: Gary David, Brady Reardon
- Leslie & Todd Hohulin, Lot # 797H/798, 21077 Lakeview Drive. 16’ X 20’ addition to the lower deck with steps to the upper deck using pressure treated wood. Replacing wood siding with cream color vinyl siding.The Architecture Committee unanimously approved the issuing of the Permit.
- Linda Goldschmidt, Lot 579H, 1163 Skyview Circle. Install a 12’ X 24’ clear polycarbonate roof over patio supported by a bronze aluminum frame. The Architecture Committee unanimously approved the issuing of the Permit.
- Autumn Farmer, Lot 526H/527, 1272 Maple Knoll Court. Install an 8’ X 10’ garden “Tuff Shed” with 4’ W X 6’ 2” H door, white with black trim and a gray shingled roof. The Architecture Committee unanimously approved the issuing of the Permit.
- William & Sandra Mock, Lot 2854H, 1833 Clearview Court. Install a 10’ X 12’ wood utility shed with metal roof, color of shed will be a dark gray and black metal roof. The Architecture Committee unanimously approved the issuing of the Permit.
- Dustin Kanzlemar, Lot 2527H, 1853 Cove Circle East. Install a 12’ X 25’ concrete parking pad with a 12” diameter culvert pipe connected to the culvert pipe under the driveway and installed in a manner that will direct the water flow toward the back of his lot avoiding any runoff being directed onto the neighboring lot. Also installing a 3’ W X 37’ L concrete stairs descending from the parking pad to the front of the house. The Architecture Committee unanimously approved the issuing of the Permit.
- Iryna & Serge Fesenko, Lot 1403H, 571 Windemere Hill, enclosing parts of lower and upper deck with windows and wood siding to match the house. The Architecture Committee unanimously approved the issuing of the Permit.
- Ryan Roberts, Lot 129H, 19983 Longview Drive. Adding a 2’ “bump-out” to the bottom level of the wood deck. Ryan Roberts did not attend the meeting. The Architecture Committee reviewed the plot plan and application, then unanimously approved the issuing of a permit.
- Russell & Karen Davis, Lot 2938H/2939, 20871 Bellemeade Drive. Adding 4 retaining walls using locking concrete block for the purpose of terracing the steep hill at the side of the garage. Wall (1) 4’H X 16’ 11” L with sod and grass in this upper section, wall (2) 4’ H X 14’ 11” L with rock in this section, wall (3) 4’ H X 12’ 11” L with rock in this section, wall (4) 4’ H X long axis: 4’-5’ in length and short axis: 3’-4’ in length and will be located under the AC unit with rock in this section. The Davis’s did not attend the meeting. The Architecture Committee reviewed the plot plan and application, then unanimously approved the issuing of a permit.
- Gary Dole, Lot 3094H, 1463 Greenlawn Way. The application for a 248 sq. ft. variance was approved by the Board of Directors on August 25, 2022 overruling the Committee’s recommendation that the variance not be approved. The original fine was upheld. The Permit Application and Plot Plan was signed by Gary Dole prior to the Architecture Committee Meeting. The Plot Plan was signed by Architecture Committee Members present for this meeting with one Member abstaining.
- Eric Fox, Lot 1063H, 20512 Matterhorn Drive. Eric and the Architecture Committee will be discussing variances on boat canopies that are not Shorestation Revolution Canopy frames. This topic will be reported on in the section for New Business (below).
The following projects were AA approved and will be reviewed:
- Diana Popov, Lot # 341H, 807 Greentree Road. Replacing existing steps on deck using treated wood. No change in dimensions.
- Michael Sundbye, Lot # 658H/659, 20511 Edelweiss Lane. Installing a 20’ X 18’ gravel parking pad, using Brassfield gravel, adding rustic buff limestone edging and a weed barrier underneath. Adding a 20’ culvert pipe.
- Mark Keller, Lot 292H/293, 412 Hickory Road. Replacing columns, door and porch arch ceiling with hardy plank siding and painted brown.
- Richard Conley, Lot 1586H, 1166 Monteray Circle. Replacing existing 2nd story deck with light gray trex. No changes in dimensions.
- George & Becky Lortz, Lot 1882H, 1512 Aqua Vista Drive. Replacing existing timber retaining wall with paver blocks, no change in dimensions.
The following projects were approved by Architecture Committee without a meeting: None
The following projects were approved after pins were located on property:
The following projects were Board approved: None
ApproveArchitecture Meeting Minutes for August 17, 2022.
Motion to approve: Bob Maudlin Seconded by: Tom Cross
Old Business: None
Unscheduled guest and longtime resident Gary David, Lots # 3108/3109 1643 Greenlawn Way, requested the Committee’s attention to discuss his need to install a culvert and a drain line connection to the sewer system on lot # 2142 located on Sandamont. His intention is to gain access to the lot to clear the land on this recently purchased property in preparation for building a home at that location. Installing a sewer line at this time is needed since the hook-up is across the street and the needed sewer connection should be accomplished prior to installing the culvert, which will be installed across the entire width of the lot. Tom Cross advised Mr. David on how to proceed.
A second unscheduled guest, Brady Reardon, Lots # 1405/1406, 582 Windemere Hill, requested information on how to urgently pursue obtaining a Permit to install a fence. Tom Cross again advised Mr. Reardon on how he may best proceed with his pursuit of a Permit to quickly achieve his goal. Gina Keller supplied the appropriate forms to get him started.
Eric Fox, on behalf of the Lakes Committee, presented a proposal to ask for a Variance Procedure to be followed and to be reviewed by the Lakes Committee when a Permit is sought for the installation of a canopy not manufactured by Shorestation and therefore not in full compliance with existing Permit guidelines. The Architecture Committee agreed there should be a review by the Lakes Committee, but requiring a Variance is likely not the best way to proceed when attempting to assure the best and most manageable outcome. Several alternate methods were discussed but going forward will require input from the Lakes Committee, and rewording of the permit guidelines, forms and procedures will have to be pursued. Eric will present these issues to the Lakes Committee at their next meeting and will work with the Architecture Committee to finalize any alternative method.
Discussion on the bylaws for Pole Barns.
4-9-3. Exceptions for Porches and Balconies
Post or pier-type foundations of steel or concrete may be used only for porch or balcony support or partial building support providing they only comprise twenty (20) per cent of the linear measurement of the total outbuilding design.
The topic of the Discussion on the bylaws for Pole Barns was shelved and will be pursued at a later Meeting.
Minutes Taken by: Phil Heitz
Motion to Adjourn:
Motion by: Bob Maudlin Seconded by: Frank Goodrich 7:15 PM
Submitted by: Phil Heitz