Architecture Committee Meeting
Wednesday, August 18, 2021
Called to Order by: Tom Cross 5:25 PM
Members Present: Tom Cross, Alan Kohlhaas, Dan Tester, Jerry Goodrich, Bob Maudlin, Phil Heitz
Members Absent: None
POA Office Staff Present: None
Board Liaison Present: Dave Hafner
Community Manager Present: No
Residents in Attendance: Kevin Wanner & Dan Bihn for ContractorDave Staab,Paul & Margaret Joyce, Paul Woodburn
- John Homoelle (lot owner) is in the process of purchasing Lot 1590, 1206 Monteray Circle. He would like to discuss putting in a parking pad before purchasing the lot. John called and postponed this item. It is to be rescheduled.
- Kevin Wanner, Lot # 511, 1058 Oak Court, new home. Dan Bihn attended the meeting to represent the Contractor, Dave Staab. The new home will be a two story with a finished lower level and 1123 sq. ft. of living area on the first floor. Total square footage is 2118. The siding will be khaki color vinyl with white trim and a black roof. The Architecture Committee unanimously approved the issuing of the Permit.
- Paul and Margaret Joyce, Lot # 2759/2760, 20821 Bellemeade Drive, new home. (Please note: This address will change because the original owner’s address shows the same address across the street.) The new home will be mostly all on one floor with a ranch style floor plan placing the living area for the first floor at 1565 sq. ft. and will include an unfinished lower level. The front veneer will be brick, color: “gray stone”. The sides will be gray vinyl and black shutters will be installed. The roof will be colored “Gray Pewter”. The Contractor is T. K. Homes. The Architecture Committee unanimously approved the issuing of a Permit for this new construction and supplied the Joyce’s with a list of contacts that may be needed to obtain additional Permits.
- Paul Woodburn, Lot # 2741, 20600 Alpine Drive, removing current deck and replacing with 13’ X 13’ new deck, adding 1’ in the width and length, switching from old wood to white plastic decking, also adding stairs 1’ X 3’. The Architecture Committee unanimously approved the issuing of a Permit for this project.
The following projects were AA approved and will be reviewed:
- John & Joy Adkins, Lot # 983H/984, 21073 Alpine Drive, replacing existing drive with concrete, no change in dimensions.
- Bonita & Michael Carter, Lot # 1370/1371H, 20576 Longview Drive, replacing existing drive with concrete, no change in dimensions.
- Robert & Bonita Starks, Lot # 2800H, 20902 Ridgecliff Court, screen in existing front porch.
- Mary & David Hotel, Lot # 445, 20328 Longview Drive, adding rip-rap in back yard and 2 bags of concrete to protect the sewer drain.
- Mark & Michelle Scott, Lot # 1142, 20363 Meercham Way, replacing existing 24’ X 34’ wood lower deck on lakeside with new concrete patio of equal size. Using performance bond money from other project in progress.
The following projects were approved by Architecture Committee without a meeting:
- Brad & Carl Trauth, Lot # 278, 423 Hickory Road. The property has been inspected by several committee members and the weed block barrier has been installed under the entire graveled parking area. The edging to prevent gravel from moving outside of the parking pad area has been properly installed and the downspout has been properly buried and covered.
- Patrick and Candice Paolino, Lot # 115, 20103 Longview Drive, installed a 9’ X 100’ boatlift without approval and there were fines applied to his POA membership. Mr. Paolino requested an opportunity to attend the next Judicial Committee Meeting on August 9, 2021, to discuss the fines. Mr. Paolino has settled the issues with the Judicial Committee and the permit for the boatlift was approved.
The following projects were approved after pins were located on property:
The following projects were Board approved: None
Approve August 4, 2021, Architecture Meeting Minutes: Motion to approve: Bob Maudlin Seconded by: Alan Kohlhaas
Continued discussion on the width of a driveway. The discussion became quite involved, so any possibly ambiguous new “Rules” that may be created and added could become confusing. The Board Liaison and the Committee Chair agreed the best way to proceed would be to officially describe and define “Driveway”, and that definition would likely be linked to Section 4-5-7 where there is already a requirement to address ditch and driveway provisions. Each Committee Member is to create their recommendations for the needed changes and present their definitions during the next Meeting of the Architecture Committee on Sept. 1, 2021.
Discussion on structures being built on vacant lots, including parking pads. The Architecture Committee unanimously agreed Rule 4-4-1. House Must be Constructed Before any Other Structure must continue to applied, and Parking Pads shall always be considered to be Structures.
Discussion on Solar Power. Committee Member Bob Maudlin addressed the potential for issues to develop as Solar Panels become increasingly popular. Thus far no issues have developed and the creation of a new section of Rules to cover unknown issues seems to be premature. The idea that a property owner may wish to install panels that are free standing instead of attached to an existing roof was noted. The general consensus is that should not be Permitted. At this time, no recommendations for new Rules regarding Solar Panels were presented.
An error in the Minutes of June 16, 2021 was discovered and corrected. A revised report was created. The Architecture Committee Approved the Corrected Minutes which shall be to be listed as (revised).
Minutes Taken by: Phil Heitz
Motion to Adjourn: Motion by: Alan Kohlhaas
Seconded by: Jerry Goodrich
Submitted by: Phil Heitz