Architecture Committee Meeting
Wednesday, August 17, 2022
Approved Architecture Committee Meeting Minutes
Called to Order by: Tom Cross 5:18 PM
Members Present: Tom Cross, Bob Maudlin, Alan Kohlhaas, Phil Heitz
Members Absent: Frank Goodrich
POA Office Staff Present: Gina Keller
Property Maintenance Compliance Officer Present: Dan Tester
Board Liaison Present: Ken Horn
Community Manager Present: No
Residents in Attendance: Walter Seeds,Joyce Brenneman,Ted Gemperle
Guest: George Lortz
- Joyce & James Brenneman, Lot # 2947H/2886, 21161 Bellemeade Drive. Seeking a permit to install a 24’ round X 54” high above ground pool with a resin bottom, brown in color with tile print on liner, uprights and top rim, plus a 24” high safety fence attached to the pool. The Architecture Committee unanimously approved the issuing of the permit.
- Ted & Pamela Gemperle, Lot # 1382H, 20333 Beau Vista. Installing a 2’ high X 25’ long allen block retaining wall and stone steps, plus adding a gravel pathway behind house. The Architecture Committee unanimously approved the issuing of the permit.
- Walter Seeds & Mary Niedenthal, Lot # 1331H, 768 Greentree Road. Requesting a permit to repair the existing decks, upgrade to composite material, gray in color, black railings, plus adding egress steps. The Architecture Committee unanimously approved the issuing of the permit.
The following projects were AA approved and were reviewed:
- Sandra & Michael Barry, Lot # 1562H, 19378 Newcom Knoll. Widen driveway entrance on both sides 12’ X 4’ using concrete.
- Wayne Ferguson, Lot # 1790H, 1291 Heidi Haven Drive. Replacing existing drainpipe with a 6’ pipe.
- John Litchholt, Lot # 1218H/1219/1220, 457 Eagleview Drive. Replacing existing concrete drive, no change in dimensions. Using bond check from previous rip rap permit.
- Nick Featherkile, Lot # 59/60H, 20158 Lakeview Drive. Replacing tan windows with white windows.
The following projects were approved by Architecture Committee without a meeting: None
The following projects were approved after pins were located on property:
The following projects were Board approved: None
ApproveArchitecture Meeting Minutes for August 3, 2022.
Motion to approve by: Bob Maudlin Seconded by: Alan Kohlhaas
Old Business: Alan Kohlhaas located Bylaws regarding Pole Structures and presented them to the Committee.Those Bylaws, under Section 4-9. Foundation Rules, brought up questions that require further consideration. The Committee Members should consider the issues and be prepared to make recommendations regarding the topic to be addressed at our next meeting. A variance requested for Lot # 3094 at 1463 Greenlawn Way had been shelved when first considered by the POA Board due to unresolved matters. Those issues have been addressed and the Variance request shall again be presented to the Board at the next Board Meeting with a recommendation that the original recommended fine be enforced and the majority of the Committee members will not recommend the issuing of the variance for the parking pad as currently constructed.
George Lortz, Lot # 1882, 1512 Aqua Vista Drive. George presented and discussed updated proposals for future projects to improve the front entrance to Hidden Valley and other related appearance enhancements for signage and cleaning/painting of buildings, replacing fencing, etc. in other areas of the community.
Minutes Taken by: Phil Heitz
Motion to Adjourn by: Alan Kohlhaas Seconded by: Bob Maudlin
Submitted by: Phil Heitz