Architecture Committee Meeting
Wednesday, April 5, 2023
Approved Architecture Committee Meeting Minutes
Called to Order by: Tom Cross 5:30 PM
Members Present: Tom Cross, Phil Heitz, Bob Maudlin, Frank Goodrich
Members Absent: John Schnieder and Alan Kohlhaas
POA Office Staff Present: Gina Keller
Property Maintenance Compliance Officer Present: Dan Tester
Board Liaison Present: No
Community Manager Present: No
Residents in Attendance: James Powell, Michael & Stacey Palmer, Jared Young, Contractor Casey Knigga representing Ryan Roberts, Jim Seiwert, Contractor Chris Gaines representing Patricia & Matt Gaustad.
- James & Kimberly Powell, Lot # 1992H, 19723 Ventura Drive. Seeking a permit to install a 10’ X 12’ utility shed. The shed will be painted the same color as the front door instead of being stained to match the color of the home. The color provided is Sage. The Architecture Committee unanimously approved the issuing of a permit for this project.
- Michael & Stacey Palmer, Lot 1553/1554/1555, 19799 Longview Drive. Requesting a 7’ variance to place a built-in pool in the rear setback. Variance fee paid on 3/28/2023. Also requesting an extension of deck with steps in the back of the home, a ground level concrete patio deck around the pool, and the installation of a 4’ high safety rail (black aluminum) around the pool. The Architecture Committee unanimously agreed to recommend the issuing of a variance to the POA Board after the variance procedures have been completed.
- Jared Young, Lot 511H, 1058 Oak Court. Seeking a permit to install a Suncast Modernist 6’ X 5’ plastic vertical storage shed, grey and black in color, to be located at the back of the house well inside of the buildable area of the back yard. The Architecture Committee unanimously approved the issuing of a permit for this project.
- Ryan & Emily Roberts, Lot 129H, 19983 Longview Drive. Requesting a permit to install retaining walls. 4 terraced walls on the right side of the house, 5 terraced walls on the left side of the house and 2 retaining walls at the back of the house, all built with Allan block matching the 2 existing wall structures at the front of the home. The Architecture Committee unanimously approved the issuing of a permit for this project.
- Jim Seiwert, Lot 1665H, 19804 Alpine Drive. Requesting a permit to install a 15’ X 20’ patio constructed with pavers and placing a hot tub on the patio surrounded on two sides by retaining walls. One wall will be 2’ high X 15’ long, the second wall will be 2’ high X 20’ long, constructed with Bedford Block. The Architecture Committee unanimously approved the issuing of a permit for this project.
- Patricia and Matt Gaustad, Lot 1514H, 19856 Longview Drive. Requesting a permit to install a 16’ X 27’ deck and stairs descending to ground level, installed parallel to the driveway, on the front of the home. The materials will be brown composite with black aluminum railings. The Architecture Committee unanimously approved the issuing of a permit for this project.
The following projects were AA approved and were reviewed:
- Marla & James Krekeler, Lot 420/421H, 1242 Woodland Circle. Re-routing a 12” storm pipe.
- James Carr, Lot 2877H, 21152 Greenhill Court. Replacing their existing deck with no change in dimensions, using Timbertech composite board and aluminum railings.
- Scott & Kris Stoelting, Lot 2436H, 20032 Alpine Drive. Pouring loose rock on shoreline to the left of the existing dock. Installing stone steps to the dock, and adding 2 paver areas and a firepit.
- Timothy & Patricia Hill, Lot 309/310H, 19767 Overlook Circle. Replacing the roof with a color change from multi-color to black shingles.
- Dave & Margie Ryberg, Lot 1342H, 888 Greentree Road. Repairing and replacing roof.
- Brent & Erica Tischbein, Lot 3185H/3186, 1523 Kathy Court. Poured concrete for a 27’ X 50’ basketball court.
- Shannon Norton, Lot 2063H, 1398 Brabamhurst Drive. Color change for their home. Sent colors to Architecture and received approval via email. Colors are on file.
- Tom & Debbie Lindeman, Lot 1140H, 20343 Meercham Way. Replacing siding with a very close color to the existing siding. Colors are on file at the POA.
The following projects were approved by Architecture Committee without a meeting:
Gary & Judy Bufler, Lot 828H, 21058 Lakeview Drive. A 15’ Variance for a shed on the rear setback was signed by the Architecture Committee.
The following projects were approved after pins were located on property: None
The following projects were Board approved:
Gary & Judy Bufler, Lot 828H, 21058 Lakeview Drive. A 15’ Variance for a shed on rear setback was approved and signed by the Board of Directors on 3/23/2023.
ApproveArchitecture Meeting Minutes for March 15, 2023.
Motion for approval by: Frank Goodrich Seconded by: Bob Maudlin
Old Business: None
New Business: Bob Maudlin distributed copies of the newly edited Bylaws, approved by both the POA Board and the POA Lawyer, for Section 4, Architecture, to the Architecture Committee Members present at this meeting. Also Bob provided a copy to the Property Maintenance Compliance Officer, noting that these new rules are the ones to follow if any issues are disputed.
Minutes Taken by: Phil Heitz
Motion to Adjourn: Motion by: Bob Maudlin Seconded by: Tom Cross
Time: 6:52 PM
Submitted by: Phil Heitz