Architecture Committee Meeting
Wednesday, February 1, 2023
Unapproved Architecture Committee Meeting Minutes
Called to Order by: Tom Cross 5:30 PM
Members Present: Tom Cross, Bob Maudlin, Jerry Goodrich, Phil Heitz,
Members Absent: None
POA Office Staff Present: Gina Keller
Property Maintenance Compliance Officer Present: Dan Tester
Board Liaison Present: Ken Horn
Community Manager Present: No
Residents in Attendance: Mark & Mona Mullen, Jim Clary (for Charles Knapp), James and Mrs. Bolinger
Guest: Jack Schnieder attending his second consecutive Architecture Committee Meeting.
- Mona and Mark Mullen, Lot 1710H, 1358 Cliftmont Circle. Seeking a permit to increase dock from 8’ X 36’ to 8’ X 40’, add a pergola box (facade) to the right of the front door 12” H X 12” D, add a 4’ X 5’ storage shed attached to lower deck. The following were on a permit approved on 6/1/2022 and they are changing colors. Roof – Charcoal, Siding – white, metal with gray and brown, Deck and steps – Brown trex. The Architecture Committee Members unanimously approved the issuing of a Permit for this project.
- Charles Knapp, Lot # 1528, 19853 Lakeview Drive, New home. Jim Clary (contractor) acting on the behalf of Charles Knapp, requested a 10’ variance on the front elevation of property for the new home. With the variance, the front elevation will align with the elevations of the homes on both sides of the newly constructed home. The Architecture Committee Chairman, Tom Cross, and the rest of the Committee Members, agreed the variance should be okay as presented and will allow the process of seeking a variance to move forward according to normal procedures.
- Matt Euson, Lot 459H, 20263 Longview Drive. Not present for the Meeting, Mr. Euson is seeking a permit to rebuild his existing dock with the same dimensions, same location, using AZGK composite decking. Also add a newly constructed 20’ X 16’ dock extension. That new dock will extend 6’ into the lake from summer pool, matching the same materials used for the rebuilt dock. The Architecture Committee Members unanimously approved the issuing of a Permit for this project.
- James Bolinger, Lot 2027/2028H/2029, 19923 Alpine Drive. Requested a permit for the construction of a 10’ X 24’ deck to serve as a front porch. Using treated lumber the deck will be constructed on 6” X 6” vertical posts and base, rails will be black metal decorative balusters. There is no record of contiguation of the three lots. To avoid the potential of future problems the Committee Chairman, Tom Cross, recommended Mr. Bolinger contact the County and have the Lots contiguated. Mr. Bolinger agrees that is an appropriate course of action. The Architecture Committee Members unanimously approved the issuing of a Permit for this project.
- Robert & Nicole Schoenfelder, Lot 904H, 21138 Alpine Drive. Not present for the Meeting, the Schoenfelders requested the issuing of a permit to install a 4’ X 51’ allan block retaining wall. Finding no issues with the project as presented, the Architecture Committee Members unanimously approved the issuing of a Permit for this project.
The following projects were AA approved and reviewed:
- Scott Mindling, Lot 3312H/3313, 19342 Alpine Drive. A permit was issued to replace the railing on a retaining wall with no change in dimensions. Also adding black aluminum railings alongside the steps.
The following projects were approved by Architecture Committee without a
- Michael Palmer, Lot 1553H, 19799 Longview Drive. 1’ to 8’ high X 82’ long allan block retaining wall. Concrete modular blocks, sand, and gravel.
The following projects were approved after pins were located on property:
The following projects were Board approved: None
Approve Architecture Meeting Minutes for November 16, 2022.
Motion to approve by: Jerry Goodrich Seconded by: Bob Maudlin
ApproveArchitecture Meeting Minutes for January 4, 2023.
Motion to approve by: Bob Maudlin Seconded by: Jerry Goodrich
Old Business: None
New Business: John Schnieder (who prefers to be addressed as Jack) has attended two consecutive Architecture Committee meetings and was invited, by the unanimous vote of the current Committee Members, to join the Committee as a volunteer Member, pending Board approval.
The Committee wishes to extend a big Thank You to Pat Hawkins who provided the much needed updates to the Bylaws which the Members of the Architecture committee will need to review. The portions that apply to the Architecture Committee, requiring their attention, are Bylaw Section 4. Architecture, and 5. Private Property Appearance and Maintenance.
Unless required, there will not be a second Architecture committee Meeting this month of February. Regular Committee Meetings shall resume the normal twice monthly schedule in March.
Minutes Taken by: Phil Heitz
Motion to Adjourn by: Bob Maudlin Seconded by: Jerry Goodrich
Time: 6:53 PM
Submitted by: Phil Heitz