Architecture Committee Meeting
Wednesday, December 8, 2021
Called to Order by: Tom Cross 5:30 PM
Members Present: Tom Cross, Jerry Goodrich, Phil Heitz, Bob Maudlin
Members Absent: Alan Kohlhaas
POA Office Staff Present: Gina Keller
Property Maintenance Compliance Officer Present: Dan Tester
Board Liaison Present: Dave Hafner
Community Manager Present: No
Residents in Attendance: Phillip & Melissa Stewart, Nicholas Schibi, John Hummel w/ Contractor Casey Knigga, John Homoelle, Mike & Donna Kinnett
- Phillip & Melissa Stewart, Lot # 2626/2627H, 20360 Alpine Drive. Seeking a Permit to install a Kentucky three board fence with wire lining, natural in color, 4’ in height. Pins have been located and marked. Also seeking approval for a color change by painting the exterior of house and trim around the windows using Sherman Williams SW7604 Smokey Blue. The trim, garage door and back doors will be using Sherman Williams SWG109 Natural Linen. Samples of colors with permit. This project received unanimous approval from the Architecture Committee.
- Nicholas Schibi, Lot # 1974/1975H/1976, 19993 Alpine Drive. Seeking a Permit to replace the existing fence with black aluminum, 4’ in height. Change in placement of fence. This change does not require the pins to be located. This project received unanimous approval from the Architecture Committee.
- John Hummel, Lots 1675/1676H, 1147 Montclair Court. Seeking a Permit to install a gravel parking pad, catch basin with drainage, and landscaping a portion of the retained level parking area. John Hummel, accompanied by Contractor Casey Knigga who provided the details, described the parking pad area and stated it will not exceed the 360 sq. ft. limit. The parking pad is located parallel to the street. Also replacing an existing 3’ X 20’ retaining wall and adding 3’ X 80’ retaining wall at the parking pad area. Both will be champagne color allan block. This Project received unanimous approval from the Architecture Committee. The Plans must also be approved by the VRUC before the Permit may be issued.
- Dave & Kathy Muenz, Lots 653B/654H, 20462 Edelweiss Lane. Contractor Casey Knigga represented Dave and Kathy Muenz who were not present for the meeting. They are seeking a Permit to replace an existing dock and change the dimensions from 28’ X 24’ to 28’ X 20’. Also adding two retaining walls needed since soil will be excavated to allow the dock to extend well into the sloped back yard at the lakefront. The retaining walls will be 2.5’ H x 20’ and 3’ H x 32’ long. The dock will not extend into the lake more than 8 feet.This Project received unanimous approval from the Architecture Committee. The Plans must also be approved by the VRUC before the Permit may be issued.
- John & Diane Homoelle, Lot # 1590, 1206 Monteray Circle. Wanting to build a 21’.6” X 32’ 2 tier wooden dock. The dock will not extend more than 8’ into the lake, and the change in elevation between the two levels of the dock will not exceed 18”. Also adding a 4’ X 45’ allan block gray wall. This project received unanimous approval from the Architecture Committee.
- Mike & Donna Kinnett, Lot # 3292, 19174 Hampton Drive. Seeking a Variance to allow the installation of an 8’ X 12’ polyethylene shed, desert sand color. A Variance is required because the homeowners need to locate the shed in the back yard in a location that extends beyond the Buildable Area. Being a corner lot, the buildable area is 10’ from the property lines. Having not yet decided the exact dimensions and location, the Committee Chairman asked them to make appropriate measurements and give better specifications before applying for a Variance. The Kinnett’s will complete their plans and apply for a Variance.
- Notes from November 3rd meeting. Justin & Elaine Guidroz, Lot# 470B/471H/472/473, 1348 Buckeye Court. Dave Hafner presented this project to install a 48’ X 8’ dock using Azek composite decking 40” X 90’ allan block classic seawall. Dave discussed with the Committee Members some issues with the existing Plot Plans for this series of lots involving some technical problems that require correcting. This application for a Permit is to be shelved until those issues can be addressed. We have now received a new plot plan showing the structures on the new plot plan. The Architecture Committee found the requested actions were satisfactorily accomplished and signed the new Plot Plans. Signatures from the VRUC will be required.
The following projects were AA approved and will be reviewed:
- Mark & Eileen Keller, Lot 292H/293, 412 Hickory Road. Replacing existing brown/black shingles with black sable shingles.
- Steve & Jennifer Robbins, Lot # 1257H, 290 Ivy Hill Drive. Adding a gravel driveway extension using crushed limestone.
- Frank & Dawn Goodrich, Lot # 1258H, 278 Ivy Hill Drive. Replacing existing gravel parking pad 10’ X 22’ and extending it to 12’ X 22’ using crushed limestone.
- Marcy & Timothy Buechel, Lot # 1144H, 20383 Meercham Way. Replacing shingles (black), replacing windows (black), replacing railings (black), covering pillars with stone, replacing siding with James Hardy siding (khaki brown) and adding rock wall with fireplace insert that will be an inside and outside fireplace.
The following projects were approved by Architecture Committee without a meeting: None
The following projects were approved after pins were located on property: None
The following projects were Board approved: None
ApproveArchitecture Meeting Minutes for November 17, 2021.
Motion to approve: Bob Maudlin Seconded by: Jerry Goodrich
Old Business: None
New Business: Discussion of Winter Schedule. The Committee decided the next Architecture Committee Meeting shall be scheduled for Wednesday January 5,2022 if required. The holding of Future Winter Meetings shall be considered on an as needed basis.
Minutes Taken by: Phil Heitz
Motion to Adjourn:
Motion by: Bob Maudlin Seconded by: Jerry Goodrich 7:03 PM
Submitted by: Phil Heitz