Architecture Committee Meeting
Wednesday, November 16, 2022
Committee 5:30 PM
Guest 6:00 PM
Unapproved Architecture Committee Meeting Minutes
Called to Order by: Tom Cross 5:27 PM
Members Present: Tom Cross, Alan Kohlhaas, Phil Heitz, Frank Goodrich
Members Absent: Bob Maudlin
POA Office Staff Present: Gina Keller
Property Maintenance Compliance Officer Present: Dan Tester
Board Liaison Present: Ken Horn
Community Manager Present: No
Residents in Attendance: Dave Hafner – Contractor representing Kevin Rice, Robyn Hughes, and Gerald Young
- David Roberts, Lot 107/108H, 20175 Longview Drive. Installing a 7’ 6” X 15’ plastic floating dock parallel to the shoreline. The property owner was not present for the meeting, but the details presented in the Application were clear and easily understood. No issues were observed. The Architecture Committee unanimously approved the issuing of the Permit.
- Kevin Rice, Lot 664B/665H/66A, 1505 Echo Trail. Replacing a 20’ X 16’ dock and extending it 12’ X 6’ using Azek Brownstone composite decking. Adding 2 retaining walls 40” X 40’ and 24” X 30’. Replace an existing seawall 40” X 20’ using AB classic block. The Architecture Committee unanimously approved the issuing of the Permit.
- Robyn Hughes, Lot 1215/1216H/1217, 428 Eagleview Drive. Adding a 40” X 70’ AB Classic Granite retaining wall in backyard. The Architecture Committee unanimously approved the issuing of the Permit.
- Gerald Young, Lot 1086H, 20272 Matterhorn Drive. Replacing the existing 40’ X 15’ dock with a 20’ deep section using Azek brownstone composite, along with a 9’ X 30” walkway. Also extending the existing wall 30” X 35’ and adding a 14’ X 40” seawall for a boat slip. The Architecture Committee unanimously approved the issuing of the Permit.
The following projects were AA approved and reviewed:
- Charles Begley, Lot 1885H, 1542 Aqua Vista Drive. Replacing 3 existing retaining walls with Allan block, steps, paver patio and walkway, no change in dimensions.
- John Gottschall, Lot 102H, 20223 Longview Drive. Replaced the existing concrete drive with no change in dimensions.
- Glenn & Peggy Buck, Lot 538H, 1311 Maple Knoll Court. Replacing the black shingle roof with the same color.
- Shelby Ellis, Lot 1708H, 1338 Cliftmont Circle. Replacing 1/3 of the driveway near the garage entrance.
- James Frede, Lot 1837H, 19984 Ravenda Drive. Repainting the deck and railings, the railings will remain white and deck floor will be changed from a light gray to a darker gray.
- Linda Hartmann, Lot 2471H, 20141 Firewood Way. Replacing the existing concrete driveway, no change in footprint.
- Travis Fite, Lot 550H/551, 1324 Skyview Circle. Repainting shed from a light gray to a darker gray.
- Karen Shell, Lot 2, 444 Hidden Valley Drive. Replaced existing deck without a permit, this is now on record.
- John & Maryanne Lindeman, Lot 1141H, 20353 Meercham Way. Installed 11 allen block steps from the upper patio to the back yard without a permit. Will be installing railings on both sides of the new steps and upper patio area. New railings will match the existing railing on the upper deck.
- David & Lisa Meier, Lot 1600/1601H, 1285 Monteray Circle. Replacing the gray shingle roof with a charcoal crinkle metal roof.
- Patti & Michael McCreanor, Lot 285H/284, 339 Hickory Road. Installing a 15’ X 14’ gravel parking pad.
- Bradley Berry, Lot 957H/958, 20966 Alpine Drive. Installing a 10’ X 36’ concrete driveway extension.
- Karen Shaw, Lot 1071H, 20432 Matterhorn Drive. Replacing an existing dock with one that is in the same location and the same size using composite decking.
- Ken Mook, Lot 1530H, 19883 Lakeview Drive. Replace an existing 20’ X 12’ dock and 8’ X 12’ walkway using composite decking.
The following projects were approved by Architecture Committee without a meeting:
- Matthew Young, Lot 758H, 1101 Thornhill Lane. Installing a white privacy fence, 5’ in height. Pins were located and checked by HVL Compliance Officer.
- Gary Wehking, Lot 189H/190, 19877 Elm Drive. Adding a 6’ 7” X 12’ deck on the front of the home.
- James Moore, Lot 3276H, 19271 Hampton Drive. A Variance was approved by the Board of Directors to add a corner to the deck. Replacing the existing deck and adding corner to the deck using composite. Members of the Architecture Committee signed the Plot Plan after the Variance was granted.
The following projects were approved after pins were located on property:
The following projects were Board approved: None
ApproveArchitecture Meeting Minutes for October 19, 2022.
Motion to approve by: Alan Kohlhaas Seconded by: Frank Goodrich
Old Business: None
New Business: Gina Keller provided, by email, a new Meeting Schedule for the slower winter months. The Architecture Committee will be meeting on the first Wednesday of December, January and February. Changes to the new short-term schedule may be requested on a basis of need
Minutes Taken by: Phil Heitz
Motion to Adjourn by: Alan Kohlhaas Seconded by: Frank Goodrich 6:14 PM
Submitted by: Phil Heitz