Architecture Committee Meeting Minutes
Wednesday, November 1, 2023
Committee 5:30 PM
Guest 6:00 PM
Approved Architecture committee Meeting Minutes
Called to Order by: Tom Cross 5:30 PM
Members Present: Tom Cross, Phil Heitz, Bob Maudlin, Alan Kohlhaas, Frank Goodrich, Jack Schnieder
Members Absent: None
POA Office Staff Present: Gina Keller
Property Maintenance Compliance Officer Present: Dan Tester
Board Liaison Present: Ken Horn
Community Manager Present: No
Residents in Attendance: Rich Naltner, Amy Buysse, Richard Reynolds, Jason & Michele Schneider
- Richard Reynolds, Lots# 1038/1039/1040H,1041, 21235 Alpine Drive. Seeking a Permit to build a detached 12’ wide X 20’ long X 10’ high cover over his parking pad installed parallel to his garage using 4 X 4 post, metal roof, colored green to match the garage. Since the garage is a detached building, it is necessary to attach the added carport cover to the garage since there can be only one storage building on a property. Mr. Reynolds will change his design accordingly and resubmit it during a future meeting.
- Jason & Michele Schneider, Lots # 1588/1589, 1196 Monteray Circle. Needs to rebuild their existing 2 tier wooden deck with Timber Tech composite decking with cable rail, and add an additional 10’ X10’ section of deck on back left corner of the upper deck. The existing lower deck will also be rebuilt and a 10’ X 14’ section of deck will be added to that level. The Architecture Committee unanimously approved the issuing of a Permit for the project.
- Rich Naltner, Lot # 2122H, 20797 Alpine Drive. The request for a variance for additional parking pad was withdrawn. Mr. Naltner determined the extra parking pad was not needed. To remedy the issues created by the added gravel, the area will be landscaped by adding large rocks, bushes, and adding a border. No permit is required for the landscaping work. The Bond that was on hold will be listed for approval for return at the next POA Board Meeting
- Jason & Amy Buysse, Lot # 1507H, 19807 Elm Drive. The Board of Directors approved the 3’ variance. The Architecture Committee unanimously approved the issuing of a Permit for the Varience.
The following projects were AA approved and were reviewed:
- Thomas & Sharon Martin, Lots # 2091H/2092, 1537 Brabamhurst Drive. Replacing existing concrete driveway with no change in dimensions.
- Trinity Homes, Lot # 3341H, 19713 Alpine Drive. This home was bought and is being renovated for resale by Trinity Homes. They are replacing the existing concrete driveway and sidewalk with no change in dimensions. Painting the exterior house from blue to Iron Ore (dark gray), the trim will be Tricorn black, the front door, beams and fireplace bump out and new garage door will be Antiquarian Brown. They are replacing the roof with black shadow colored shingles. Additionally, they are replacing the rotted deck with treated lumber, no change in dimensions.
The following projects were approved by Architecture Committee without a
The following projects were approved after pins were located on property: None
The following projects were Board approved: None
ApproveArchitecture Meeting Minutes for October 18, 2023.
Motion to approve by: Alan Kohlhaas Seconded by: Frank Goodrich
Old Business: None
New Business: The Compliance Officer introduced the topic of individuals, investors and contractors purchasing homes with the intention of remodeling or improving them for resale. In some cases there is a problem with non-permitted work and other violations of the HVL Bylaws. After discussion, it was decided those issues should be dealt with in the same manner used for correcting similar situations that occur when Community Members and Property owners violate those same Bylaws.
Minutes Taken by: Phil Heitz
Motion to Adjourn:
Motion by: Jack Schnieder Seconded by: Bob Maudlin 6:38 PM
Submitted by: Phil Heitz