Architecture Committee Meeting
Wednesday, October 5, 2022
Committee 5:30 PM
Guest 6:00 PM
Unapproved Architecture Committee Meeting Minutes
Called to Order by: Tom Cross 5:23 PM
Members Present: Tom Cross, Bob Maudlin, Frank Goodrich, Phil Heitz
Members Absent: Allan Kohlhaas
POA Office Staff Present: No
Property Maintenance Compliance Officer Present: No
Board Liaison Present: Ken Horn
Community Manager Present: Dave Wismann
Residents in Attendance: Tom Williams, James Ferguson, Jim Moore, Matthew Young, Anthony Morris, Mrs. Rob Lowe
- Brady & Sheena Williams, Lot 1657H, 19461 Knollwood Drive. Tom Williams (father and property owner) represented his son in his request to obtain a Permit to install a 47” H X 7’ 6” L concrete allan block retaining wall. The Architecture Committee unanimously approved the issuing of the Permit.
- James Ferguson, Lot 2519H, 1856 Cove Circle East. Requesting a Permit to install a 4’ in height, cedar split rail fence with black mesh liner. The pins have been located and checked by the compliance officer. The Architecture Committee unanimously approved the issuing of the Permit.
- Jim Moore, Lot 3276H, 19271 Hampton Drive. Applying for an 8’ Variance in the side setback to allow replacing the existing deck with composite and add a corner to the deck. Mr. Moore paid for the variance application, POA posted a sign and sent a letter to the adjoining property. We heard back from the adjoining property resident with approval for the variance. The Architecture Committee unanimously agreed to recommend the issuing of the Variance at the next POA Board Meeting.
- Matthew Young, Lot 758, 1101 Thornhill Lane. Seeking a Permit to install a white 5’ privacy fence. The pins have not been located yet, but are in the process by the resident. Also adding wooden stairs on the back of the balcony. The pins have not yet been located but the Architecture Committee unanimously agreed to sign off on the documents and issue the Permit once those pins have been located and no other issues are found.
- Anthony & Deana Morris, Lot 1252H/1253, 350 Ivy Hill Drive, replacing upper 12’ X 20’ and lower 25’ X 30’ deck with dark grey trex, adding a 12’ X 16’ roof above the upper deck with shingles that match the existing shingles installed on the house. Also extending the lower deck using white railings, black spindles and dark grey trex. The Architecture Committee unanimously approved the issuing of the Permit.
- Rob Lowe, Lot 373H/374/375, 938 Rustic Drive. Seeking a Permit to install a Golf Cart garage, 8’ X 21’ attached to the house, block wood painted to match the house. The Architecture Committee unanimously approved the issuing of the Permit.
The following projects were AA approved and reviewed:
- Todd Newton, Lot # 2100H/2101, 1437 Brabamhurst Drive. Replacing existing retaining wall 2’ H X 25’ L in the back of the home using timber.
- Mike & Tammy Jones, Lot 1377/1378H, 20373 Beau Vista. Adding 30” W X 77” concrete steps alongside of gravel driveway.
- James Ferguson, Lot 2519H, 1856 Cove Circle East. Extending the culvert pipe 35’ and connecting to a homemade catch basin.
- Dyllon Dekok, Lot 222H, 20048 Lakeview Drive. Replacing the garage door, using stamped carriage house panel, dark oak in color.
- Scott Mindling, Lot 3312H/3313, 19342 Alpine Drive. Replacing 3 sections of concrete driveway.
The following projects were approved by Architecture Committee without a meeting: None
The following projects were approved after pins were located on property: None
The following projects were Board approved: None
ApproveArchitecture Meeting Minutes for September 21, 2022.
Motion to approve by: Frank Goodrich Seconded by: Bob Maudlin
Old Business: The Report from the Lakes Committee regarding the issuing of approval for canopies over boatlifts was received. The procedural sequence shall be: The Permit Application is to be first reviewed by the Lakes Committee and then sent to the Architecture Committee for final approval and issuing of a Permit.
New Business: None
Minutes Taken by: Phil Heitz
Motion to Adjourn by: Frank Goodrich
Seconded by: Bob Maudlin 6:16 PM
Submitted by: Phil Heitz