Architecture Committee Meeting Agenda
Wednesday, October 4, 2023
Committee 5:30 PM
Guest 6:00 pm
UnapprovedArchitecture Committee Meeting Minutes
Called to Order by: Tom Cross 5:25 PM
Members Present: Tom Cross, Phil Heitz, Alan Kohlhaas, Jack Schnieder, Frank Goodrich, Bob Maudlin
Members Absent: None
POA Office Staff Present: Gina
Property Maintenance Compliance Officer Present: No
Board Liaison Present: Ken Horn
Community Manager Present: No
Residents in Attendance: John Dakoske, Robert Kuhlman, Contractor Casey’s Outdoor Solutions representing Eric Oatman, Stephen & Sheila Steimle, Pamela Minser
- John Dakoske, Lot # 1707, 1328 Cliftmont Circle. John would like to go over the process of installing a boatlift and canopy before he gets quotes from companies. John attended the meeting requesting information regarding reconstruction of his dock and installation of a boatlift and canopy. Detailed drawings to be presented once completed. John is wanting to replace his dock with one that is supported by galvanized pipe and had a question regarding Rule 4-12-5 “No Ferrous Building Materials”. Since the Rule states galvanized steel is allowed, Tom Cross let him know that method of constructing such a structure is okay. The boatlift canopy will have to be approved by the Lakes Committee.
- Robert Kuhlman, Lots # 548H/549, 1304 Skyview Circle. Seeking a Permit to install an 8’ X 16’ shed, brown and beige in color with a brown metal roof. The Architecture Committee unanimously approved the issuing of the Permit.
- Eric Oatman, Lot # 557H, 1383 Skyview Circle. Requesting a Permit to construct 3 retaining walls using allan block, hickory color. 1) 3’ X 45’, 2) 3’ X 62’, 3) 2.5’ X 18’, creating a paver patio, a gravel patio, plus changing the decking material on the dock to TimberTech composite decking. Casey’s Outdoor Solutions represented Eric Oatman at the meeting. The Architecture Committee unanimously approved the issuing of the Permit.
- Sheila & Stevens Steimle, Lots # 2747/2748H, 20655 Alpine Drive. Requesting a Permit to construct a detached 2 vehicle garage, 25’ X 28’, light gray in color, metal with stone siding. A new plot plan was submitted. The Architecture Committee decided to hold off on issuing a Permit until more complete architectural drawings are provided showing the elevations of the sides and eves of the proposed structure.
- Pamela Minser, Lot # 612H, 1153 Sunset Drive. Seeking a Permit to install a Kentucky 3 board fence with black wire mesh, natural wood, 4’ in height. Also installing a 10’ X 10’ metal shed, charcoal in color. The fence is to be installed along the property lines and the pins have not been located. No Permit will be issued for the fence at this time, but the Architecture Committee unanimously approved the issuing of a Permit for the shed.
- Jason & Amy Buysse, Lot # 1507H, 19807 Elm Drive. Requesting a 3’ variance on side setback for a trampoline. The Buysse’s applied for the variance, letters were sent out with no response from neighbors, and a sign was posted on the front lawn. Seeking a recommendation to move forward from the Architectural committee. The Buysse’s did not attend the Meeting and many questions have remained unanswered. The Buysse’s will be notified of the need to attend the next meeting. Since this issue has been scheduled several times and no one has attended the recent Meetings, they will be notified of the need to attend or face a potential fine for failure to do so.
- Rick Naltner, Lot # 2122, 20797 Alpine Drive. On 8/2/2023 a 357.5 sq. ft. concrete parking pad was approved. The Property Maintenance compliance Officer found that an additional gravel parking pad of 1380 sq. ft. was added with no Permit. After several phone conversations Rick decided to request a 1380 sq. ft. variance for the gravel parking pad. This issue was discussed at the September 20th meeting. This item was to be discussed at this meeting with Rick Naltner in attendance. Mr. Naltner in the meantime applied for a Variance with payment. Letters have been sent out to residents that have adjoining properties on September 25, 2023, and a sign was posted. Rick Naltner did not attend this meeting and this issue has not been addressed for an extended period of time. Mr. Naltner will be notified of the need to attend the rescheduled Meeting or face a potential fine for failure to do so.
The following projects were AA approved and were reviewed:
- Michael & Linda Chaney, Lot # 397H, 20287 Lakeview Drive. Replacing the existing concrete front porch with no change in dimensions or materials.
- Rick & Pamela McCreary, Lot # 2407H, 1473 Golfview Court. A corner of the garage has settled ½” causing a crack in the brick. The contractor is driving pins in 8 places right under the footer and then adding tubes that will hold that corner in place.
- Ward Colson, Lot # 428H, 1102 Woodland Circle. Replace the wood front steps in kind with concrete. No change in dimensions.
- Gary Tedesco, Lot # 82H, 20080 Longview Drive. Replacing existing roof with Owens Coring, Duration, Slatestone Gray. Same color as the existing roof.
- Corey Stephens, Lots # 2031H/2032, 19905 Alpine Drive. Painting their brown log cabin home, changing the color to a green color that is on file.
- Keri Russell, Lot # 67H, 20157 Lakeview Drive. Replacing the existing deck with no change in dimensions using all treated wood. Replacing wood around the house with vinyl siding, the color of the siding is cream. Pictures of the home and siding are on file.
The following projects were approved by Architecture Committee without a
The following projects were approved after pins were located on property:
The following projects were Board approved: None
ApproveArchitecture Meeting Minutes for September 20, 2023.
Motion by: Bob Maudlin Seconded by: Frank Goodrich
Old Business: None
New Business: None
Minutes Taken by: Phil Heitz
Motion to Adjourn:
Motion by: Jack Schnieder Seconded by: Bob Maudlin 7:08 PM
Submitted by: Phil Heitz