Architecture Committee Meeting
Wednesday, October 19, 2022
Approved Architecture Committee Meeting Minutes
Called to Order by: Tom Cross 5:30 PM
Members Present: Tom Cross, Alan Kohlhaas, Bob Maudlin, Frank Goodrich, Phil Heitz
Members Absent: None
POA Office Staff Present: Gina Keller
Property Maintenance Compliance Officer Present: Dan Tester
Board Liaison Present: Ken Horn
Community Manager Present: No
Residents in Attendance: James Ferguson, Mark & Rita Stiens, Brent Tischbein
- Mark & Rita Stiens, Lot 2298/2999H/3000, 1978 Fieldcrest Drive. Installing a 12’ X 16’ shed, white vinyl with slatestone gray roof to match the color and style of the siding and the roof on the house. Unanimously approved by the Architecture Committee.
- James & Rhonda Ferguson, Lot 2519H, 1856 Cove Circle East. Installing a 10’ X 16’ wooden shed with metal roof, set on 5” of #2 crushed limestone, light grey with white trim and charcoal roof. Unanimously approved by the Architecture Committee.
- Brent & Erica Tischbein, Lot 3185H/3186, 1523 Kathy Court. Adding a 5’ X 70’ allan block retaining wall. Unanimously approved by the Architecture Committee.
The following projects were AA approved and were reviewed:
- Carl & Linda DeBlasio, Lot 101H/456, 20231 Longview Drive. Installing a gravel path walkway to the dock.
- Gary Wehking, Lot 189H/190, 19877 Elm Drive. Replacing the existing 3’ X 33’ 8” allan block retaining wall, no change in dimensions.
- Kevin Grosse, Lot 114H, 20127 Longview Drive. Replacing the roof’s grey tone shingles. Changing the color to green/gray tone shingles.
- Diane Brunsman & Renita Heideman, Lot 535H/536, 1341 Maple Knoll Court. Replacing the screens on the existing deck, same footprint.
- Rick Hughes, Lot 663H/664A, 1485 Echo Trail. Repair post and replace decking and railings with composite. No change in dimensions.
- Barbara Young, Lot 1543H, 19874 Lakeview Drive. Installing a 22’ X 12’ cover over the existing deck using wood and a metal roof. Same color as the deck.
The following projects were approved by Architecture Committee without a meeting: Rick Rosenberger, Lot 1788H, 1311 Heidi Haven. Painting home all white including the trim. The current colors are gray and blue. Approved by the Architecture Committee via email.
The following projects were approved after pins were located on property:
The following projects were Board approved: None
ApproveArchitecture Meeting Minutes for October 5, 2022.
Motion to approve by: Bob Maudlin Seconded by: Frank Goodrich
Old Business: The topic of approvals for boatlift canopies remains a bit unwieldy, so Committee Chairman Tom Cross suggested we revisit the issue. The Lakes Committee seeks the power to approve the style and color and then send the application for approval to the Architecture Committee for final approval. That may be an unnecessary extra step since the locations of existing boatlifts have already been approved. That extra step may be eliminated, except when a new boatlift is being installed. The Architecture Committee does not need to review simple canopy installations and is happy to let the Lakes Committee handle the issues of color and style, then submit the completed Form to the POA Office to be recorded. The Board Liaison, Ken Horn, will be notifying the Board regarding this matter, when he meets with them, so the sequence for the steps to be taken can officially move toward final approval.
New Business: None
Minutes Taken by: Phil Heitz
Motion to Adjourn by: Alan Kohlhaas
Seconded by: Bob Maudlin 5:58 PM
Submitted by: Phil Heitz