Architecture Committee Meeting
Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 5:30PM
Unapproved Architecture Committee Meeting Minutes
Called to Order by: Tom Cross 5:30 PM
Members Present: Tom Cross, Bob Maudlin, Alan Kohlhaas, Phil Heitz, Dan Tester
Members Absent: Jeff Mueller
Board Liaison Present: Donna Yetzer
Community Manager Present: Bruce Keller
Residents in Attendance: Jerry Goodrich
Guest: Mike Mormon (surveyor) for Dennis and Katia Creech, Melody Stange, David Weiherer & Carolyn Gleckler, Perry & Patty Vaught, Jeffrey & Susan Timberlake, Mark & Michelle (Anita) Scott, Daniel McDonald, Kevin Hetzer, Craig Johnson
- Dennis & Katia Creech, Lot 470, 1357 Buckeye Court, split lot. Approved by the Architecture Committee for recommendation to the POA Board.
- Melody Stange, Lot # 1122H, 1726 Liebchen Court, 11’ X 15’ adding to existing deck using lumber, and adding a 10’ X16’ shed, constructed of wood and tan in color with brown shingles to match the house. The Architecture Committee approved the issuing of a Permit.
- David Weiherer & Carolyn Gleckler, Lot # 296H/297, 467 Hidden Valley Drive, above ground pool 18’ X 33’ with wood privacy fence, deck 3’ all around the pool. The Architecture Committee approved the issuing of a Permit and notified the homeowner of the need to obtain a Permit from Dearborn County.
- Perry & Patty Vaught, Lot # 2897H/2898/2899, 21031 Bellemeade Drive, 10’ X 16’ shed with pergola breeze way from garage to the new shed. Shed will be brown in color, shingles desert tan to match house. Pergola, pressure treated wood lumber, natural finish. The Architecture Committee approved the issuing of a Permit.
- Jeffrey & Susan Timberlake, Lot # 2365H/2409, 19317 Par Drive, 2 deck extensions using trex, grey/brown color, 20’ X 21’ attached to the end of the existing deck toward the detached garage, and a 9’ X 41’ addition attached on the side of the existing deck facing the pool. Both new sections of deck will be installed 30” lower than the height of the existing deck. A walkway 3’ wide by 36’ long, constructed of similar materials, will extend along the side of the house from the new deck to a small deck near the side entrance to the attached garage. The Architecture Committee approved the issuing of a Permit.
- Brandon & Rhonda Cable, Lot # 2683H/2684, 1778 Tuppence Trail, 20’ X 11’ Lean to with a dark gray metal roof, materials to match house. The homeowners did not appear for the Architecture Committee Meeting and some questions need to be answered so this item is shelved until the questions can be addressed.
- Mark & Michelle (Anita) Scott, Lot # 1142H, Installing a kayak stand, constructed of wood with treated posts set in the ground near the lakefront 10’ from the property line. The Architecture Committee approved the issuing of a Permit.
- Daniel & Brittney McDonald, Lot # 1313, 357 Cresthaven Drive, 16’ X 32’ blue above ground pool, with deck around the pool using lumber, 2 decorative wooden fences around pool, one 4’ and the other 6’ in length, both will be 5’ in height, 3 retaining walls 5’ X 32’, 3’ X 12’ and 4’ X 12’ using cement bricks. The Architecture Committee approved the issuing of a Permit and notified the homeowner of the need to obtain a Permit from Dearborn County.
- Kevin Hetzer, Lot # 1827H/1826, 1402 Heidi Haven Drive, 27’ round above ground pool, gray in color 4’ 5” tall, with 30’ X 30’deck using traditional wood decking & railings. Replacing roof on the house and detached garage. Painting detached garage gray with white trim windows to match the house. The Architecture Committee approved the issuing of a Permit.
- Craig Johnson, Lot # 904H, 21138 Alpine Dr. Tree house/playhouse, 8’ X 8’ wooden deck treehouse with 2” X 2” wood baluster handrails, greyish brown in color. Elevated 6’ above ground level and attached to trees and mounted on posts. The Architecture Committee approved the issuing of a Permit and notified the homeowner of the need to obtain a Permit from Dearborn County.
- Travis & Melissa Traucht, Lot # 2015H, 19802 Ventura Drive, Performance bond return request. Request for return of the Bond was approved and shall be presented to the POA Board.
The following projects were AA approved and will be reviewed:
- Stephen Kueffner & Jennifer Helmes, Lot # 426H/427, 1122 Woodland Circle, Kentucky 3 board fence, natural pressure wood, 4’ in height.
- Jeffrey & Carrie Rebich, Lot # 2738H/2739, 20576 Alpine Drive, Electric fence above ground, 30” in height.
- Autumn Farmer, Lot # 526H/527, 1272 Maple Knoll Court. Fire-pit with curved seating using pavestone rumblestone. 174.5” width X 31.5” height X 105.75.
- Clyde & Lisa Lineback, Lot # 2729H, 1708 Tuppence Trail. Fence, 4×4 wood post, 2×6 top/bottom rails, 4’ in height, coated black vinyl chain link, stained wood.
The following projects were approved by Architecture Committee without a meeting:
The following projects were Board approved:
Approve June 3, 2020 Architecture Meeting Minutes: Motion to approve: Tom Cross, Seconded by Alan Kohlhaas
Old Business: Bob Maudlin presented an update to his recommendations for changes to the Rules regarding Lot Splits, Section 4-4-41 which reads:
Proposed lot splits must be presented to the Architecture Committee along with re-drawn, surveyor signed plot plans including existing structures. The Board of Directors gives the final approval for all spilt lots. A split lot does not change the lakefront designation of said lot. (Added on 5/23/2019.)
Bob Maudlin’s proposed revision reads:
Proposed lot splits must be presented to the Architecture Committee along with a re-drawn plot plan. All surveys must be signed and dated by a valid Indiana Registered Surveyor. The new plot plan must include the half lot(s) it is contiguous with. If an existing structure(s) of any kind exist on the split lot, it/they must be shown correctly on a new plot plan.
- The new boundary line on the split must be in a straight line. It cannot maneuver around any existing structure.
- When a new structure of any type is proposed on the new lot split, all contiguous lots must be surveyed as one and a revised plot plan presented to the Architecture Committee.
- A split lot does not change the lakefront designation of said lot.
Jerry Goodrich presented documentation regarding the percentages of the open area of lots versus the square footage of lot area that is occupied by structures. His effort is part of a follow-up on a consideration of the need for future changes in rules regarding the number and size of structures that may be permitted to be built on a lot.
New Business: Phil Heitz presented recommendations for changes to Section 4-13 Rules for Fences. Few changes in the existing rules are needed with some exceptions. The By-Law state:
4-13-3. Location and Height of Fences
- Fences may follow the property line and must be located in the back yard with few exceptions and must not extend past back corner of the dwelling closest to the road, which includes corner lots (the area a fence may occupy will hereinafter be referred to as the “buildable part.”) (Italics added)
The portion of the Rule in italics is to be removed since it accomplishes nothing and adds confusion when read out of context with the rest of the By-Laws.
4-13-6. Privacy Fence Restricted Materials
Privacy Fences must be constructed of wood, vinyl or masonry materials compatible with the style of the house. Privacy fences shall not be constructed on the lot lines. Privacy fences must meet the set-back standards as described in Section 4-8-1. “Setback Rules” and be limited to the back yard as described above in 4-13-3-a. (Italics added)
The portion in italics is to be added to the existing Rule 4-13-6.
The adoption of the above changes to the Rules for Fences was approved by the Architecture Committee. Motion for adoption made by Bob Maudlin and Seconded by Alan Kohlhaas. The Committee Members present unanimously approved.
Donna Yetzer pointed out there remains issues with the rules regarding fences for corner lots. Bruce Keller and Phil Heitz are to work together to review existing situations around the Community and consider additional proposals for changes.
The Committee noted the efforts of Jerry Goodrich who has attended our meetings and is eager to participate as an Architecture Committee member.
Tom Cross sought approval for nominating Jerry Goodrich as new Committee member. That Nomination was made and unanimously approved by all Committee Members present.
Minutes Taken by: Phil Heitz
Motion to Adjourn: Motion by Phil Heitz Seconded by Bob Maudlin 8:59 PM
Submitted by: Phil Heitz