Architecture Committee Meeting
Wednesday, October 21, 2020
Unauthorized Architecture Committee Meeting Minutes
Called to Order by: Tom Cross 6:00 PM
Members Present: Tom Cross, Alan Kohlhaas, Jerry Goodrich, Bob Maudlin, Phil Heitz
Members Absent: Dan Tester
POA Office Staff Present: Gina Keller
Board Liaison Present: No
Community Manager Present: Dave Wismann
Residents in Attendance: Robert Atkins, Sondra Pflum, Cynthia Morton,David Draper
- Robert & Carol Atkins, Lot # 338/339H, 787 Greentree Road, Close in walls of car port which is connected to a detached garage structure. Wood studs, wood (OSB), vinyl siding which will be the same as house. The siding from the existing left wall will be removed and installed on the new exterior wall to assure an exact match with the siding on the remainder of the structure. Double steel doors will be installed on the front of the newly enclosed garage which will be used for storage and for woodworking. The Architecture Committee unanimously approved the issuing of a Permit for this detached garage modification.
- Sondra Pflum, Lot # 1291H, 288 Cresthaven Drive, replacing existing deck with bottom deck extension 12 X 26 and steps. Replacing split rail fence with no change in dimensions. The dimensions of the bottom deck were checked and all construction is within the buildable area. The Architecture Committee unanimously approved the issuing of a Permit and recommended obtaining a Permit from Dearborn County.
- Cynthia Morton, Lot 618H, 1213 Sunset Drive, adding a 12’ X 12’ deck and extending existing deck to be 20’ X 14” using lumber. The existing deck will be removed and replaced along with the changes in dimensions plus the new deck addition. The dimensions were checked and all construction is within the buildable area. The Architecture Committee unanimously approved the issuing of a Permit and recommended obtaining a Permit from Dearborn County.
- Trisha & David Draper, Lot # 1075H, 20392 Matterhorn Drive. This project was originally presented and approved, but the application for a new Permit is being presented due to significant changes in the design of this project to construct a Dock. The new design is for a 14’ X 35’ dock that extends 8’ into the lake. No retaining walls will be needed for this new design. The dock will be constructed with pressure treated framing materials and composite decking. A walkway will be installed from the house down to the dock with a set of steps at the steep lower area just above the dock. The Architecture Committee unanimously approved the issuing of a Permit for the construction of this design improvement.
The following projects were AA approved and will be reviewed:
- Mike & Carrie Brewer, Lot # 1926H, 20032 Cravenhurst Drive, replacing wooden pier post on deck. No change in dimensions on the deck.
The following projects were approved by Architecture Committee without a meeting: None
The following projects were Board approved: None
Approve October 7, 2020 Architecture Meeting Minutes:
Motion by: Bob Maudlin Seconded by: Alan Kohlhaas
Old Business: None
New Business: A brief discussion about the upcoming meeting schedule. The schedule for November will not be changed from the standard first and third Wednesday of November. No decision has been made or agreed upon for the remainder of the year or for the winter months ahead.
Minutes Taken by: Phil Heitz
Motion to Adjourn:
Motion by: Alan Kohlhaas Seconded by: Bob Maudlin 6:42 PM
Submitted by: Phil Heitz