Architecture Committee Meeting
Wednesday, June 1, 2022
Unapproved Architecture Committee Meeting Minutes
Called to Order by: Tom Cross 5:15 PM
Members Present: Tom Cross, Alan Kohlhaas, Bob Maudlin, Phil Heitz, Frank Goodrich
Members Absent: None
POA Office Staff Present: Gina Keller
Property Maintenance Compliance Officer Present: No
Board Liaison Present: No
Community Manager Present: No
Residents in Attendance: Donald Klapper, Carl & Linda DeBlasio, Robert Price, Phoebe & Tyler Fike, Jason & Brittany Hoffman, Mark & Mona Mullen (with contractor Casey Knigga), Marcy & Katlin Buechel
- Donald & Darlene Klapper, Lot 2538B/2539H, 1733 Cove Circle East. Replacing existing 9’ X 40’ gravel parking pad with concrete, adding a 6’ X 12’ sidewalk to access the walk-in door on the side of the garage, and widening the driveway to the 2 car garage to 20’. The original request for a Permit had to be modified and the essential changes were initialed by Donald Klapper. The Architecture Committee unanimously approved this modified agenda item.
- Linda DeBlasio, Lot # 456/101H, 20231 Longview Drive. Extending existing boat lift located parallel to the dock and shoreline by 3’, and adding an additional 5’ X4’ boat lift located at the side of the dock perpendicular to the shore line. The Architecture Committee unanimously approved this agenda item.
- Robert & Cathy Price, Lots # 395H/396B, 20267 Lakeview Drive. Adding a 6’ deck extension using treated lumber and dark brown composite decking. This item received unanimous approval from the Architecture Committee.
- Phoebe & Tyler Fike, Lots # 637/638, 1394 Sunset Drive. Seeking final approval for a 10’ variance on front elevation for a new home. The Board of Directors approved the requested variance. The Architecture Committee unanimously approved the Plot Plan but the Architectural Drawings for the home did not receive approval. After making the requested changes, the Committee Members may sign off on those drawings as soon as they are made available for final approval.
- Cory & Kinni Piche, Lot # 1836H, 19974 Ravenda Drive. Seeking final approval for a 15’ variance on rear setback for a shed. The Board of Directors approved the variance. The Architecture Committee unanimously approved the plan and the issuing of a Permit.
- Jason & Brittany Hoffman, Lot # 2061H/2062, 1388 Brabamhurst Drive. Adding an 8’ X 16’ addition to home for a bathroom and laundry room. Adding 20’ X 22’ Covered porch with concrete pad. Both to be attached at the back of the home and within the buildable area using vinyl siding in the color of Rich Mocha with estate grey dimensional shingle roofs. The Architecture Committee unanimously approved the issuing of a Permit.
- Jared Young (Kevin Wanner, previous owner), Dave Staab (builder), Lot # 511, 1058 Oak Court. Plot plan was a mirrored version of the home, along with a 20’ X 11’ concrete parking pad that was put in without a permit. A new plot plan was requested by the Architectural Committee with the parking pad included on the drawing. Having received compliance with that request, the Architectural Committee unanimously approved and signed the new plot plans.
- Mark & Mona Mullen, Lot # 1710H, 1358 Cliftmont Circle. Replacing existing dock and making it smaller, 8’ X 36’. Replacing 3 existing retaining walls, upper wall 3’ X 54’, middle 4’ X 54’ (extended 10’) lower wall 4’ X 37’ (extended 40’) using poured and stamped concrete flatwork. Installing a patio area with a fire pit not to exceed 8” in height above ground level. Removing old steps and adding new steps. Adding 30’ in length X 1’ wide and 1’ deep pergola above the garage, replacing decking and railings with trex, gray in color, replacing roof with blackish/brownish shingles and replacing vinyl siding, gray in color. Replacing and adding windows with white trim. Adding a gable over the front porch roof. The Architecture Committee unanimously approved this plan.
- Marcy & Tim Buechel, Lot # 1144H, 20383 Meercham Way. (Tim Buechel was not present for the meeting but Katlin was.) Installing 3 geogrid reinforced Granite colored allan block retaining walls in the back yard (1) 3’ X 56’ (2) 4’ X 51’ 6” (3) 2’ X 36’ 3”. Replacing 2 existing retaining walls in the front of house with no change in dimensions. Adding a 600 sq. ft. paver patio with a granite fire pit. The fire pit must be installed in a manner that that prevents the top of the fire pit from being more than 8” above the level of the ground. Unanimously approved by the Architecture Committee.
- Tracy Rauen, Lots # 702H/703A, 1099 Hollyhedge Lane. Installing a wooden split rail fence, 3 rail Kentucky board with mesh lining, 4’ high. The pins marking the property lines were located. The Architecture Committee unanimously approved the issuing of a Permit for this project.
The following projects were AA approved and reviewed:
- Kelly & Michael Barber, Lot # 2676/2677H/2678, 1807 Tuppence Trail. Installing a 12’ X 30’ gravel parking pad.
- Greg & Maria Brashear, Lot # 2965H, 21341 Bellemeade Drive. Replacing cracked concrete on driveway and part of sidewalk using hand mix cement. Also repairing damaged downspout drainpipe.
- John & Joy Adkins, Lot # 983H/984, 21073 Alpine Drive. Replacing concrete drive with no change in dimensions.
The following projects were approved by Architecture Committee without a meeting:
The following projects were approved after pins were located on property: None
The following projects were Board approved: None
ApproveArchitecture Meeting Minutes for May 18, 2022.
Motion to Approve by: Bob Maudlin Seconded by: Frank Goodrich
Old Business: None
New Business: None
Minutes Taken by: Phil Heitz
Motion to Adjourn:
Motion by: Alan Kohlhaas Seconded by: Frank Goodrich
Submitted by: Phil Heitz