Architecture Committee Meeting
Wednesday, August 2, 2023
Approved Architecture Committee Meeting Minutes
Called to Order by: Tom Cross 5:30PM
Members Present: Tom Cross, Alan Kohlhaas, Phil Heitz, Bob Maudlin, Jerry Goodrich, Jack Schnieder
Members Absent: None
POA Office Staff Present: Gina Keller
Property Maintenance Compliance Officer Present: Dan Tester
Board Liaison Present: Ken Horn
Community Manager Present: No
Residents in Attendance: Barbara Young & Tammy Girdler, Amy Buysse
- Jason & Amy Buysse, Lot # 1507, 19807 Elm Drive. Applied for a 10’ variance to place a trampoline on the rear setback. After an extensive discussion regarding existing Bylaws and specific issues relative to this request for a Variance, the homeowner chose to not pursue the Variance at this meeting. A reevaluation of the lot dimensions and the location of the trampoline are needed before making a decision.
- Barbara Young & Tammy Girdler, Lot 1543H, 19874 Lakeview Drive. Seeking a Permit to install a 16’ X 32’ in-ground swimming pool and a 4’ high black aluminum fence that will be placed on the property line, enclosing the back yard, with gates on both sides of the home. The pins were located. The Architecture Committee unanimously approved the issuing of the Permit.
- Brian Gibson, Lot 3322H, 19478 Longview Drive. Seeking approval for a change in the layout of the driveway and parking pad, repositioning the driveway from the original plot plan and adding a garage door leading into his basement. The Architecture Committee reviewed the new Plot Plan and unanimously agreed to approve that change. Brian Gibson was not present at the Meeting.
- Mike Hanrahan, Lot 1875H, 1442 Aqua Vista Drive. This Item was first addressed during the Meeting on July 19, 2023. A Permit was not approved during that meeting due to some unanswered questions listed in the Minutes for 7-19-2023, Item #3. Those issues have been satisfactorily addressed, the pins were located, and a contract for a 4’ high X 50’ long decorative fence located on the property line was obtained. Since those questions were answered, the Architecture Committee unanimously approved the issuing of the Permit. Mike Hanrahan did not attend the Meeting.
The following projects were AA approved and reviewed:
- Tim Mehle, Lot 2438/2439/2440H, 20032 Firewood Way. Replacing the existing upper, 26’ X 10’, and lower, 22’ X 19’, decks and stairs using brown composite decking (Deckorators Voyage Line).
- Simon Ford, Lot 3154H, 19237 Par Drive. Replacing existing deck making it smaller, 15’ X 24’, using natural wood.
The following projects were approved by Architecture Committee without a
The following projects were approved after pins were located on property: None
The following projects were Board approved: None
ApproveArchitecture Meeting Minutes for July 19, 2023.
Motion by: Bob Maudlin Seconded by: Frank Goodrich
Old Business: None
New Business: None
Minutes Taken by: Phil Heitz
Motion to Adjourn:
Motion by: Alan Kohlhaas Seconded by: Bob Maudlin 6:35 PM
Submitted by: Phil Heitz