Architecture Committee Meeting
Wednesday, July 19, 2023
Approved Architecture Committee Meeting Minutes
Called to Order by: Tom Cross
Members Present: Tom Cross, Bob Maudlin, Jack Schnieder, Alan Kohlhaas, Phil Heitz, Frank Goodrich
Members Absent: None
POA Office Staff Present: Gina Keller
Property Maintenance Compliance Officer Present: No
Board Liaison Present: No
Community Manager Present: No
Residents in Attendance: Tracie Burke, Phil Messer, Mike & Dave Hanrahan, John Wood
- Tracie Burke, Lot # 2844H, 21042 Bellemeade Drive. Installing a 4’ in height split rail fence, natural wood, to enclose the entire back yard following the property line, with gates on both sides of the house in the fence sections attaching to the back of the house. Also a gate in the back section of fence at the rear of the lot. The pins marking the location of the corners of the property were located and identified. The fence will match the fence style enclosing the neighbor’s back yard and will attach to that neighboring fence. A letter was obtained acknowledging the receipt of permission to attach to that fence. The Architecture Committee unanimously approved the issuing of the Permit.
- Phil Messer Lots # 2689, 2690 & 2685. 20512 Alpine Drive. Seeking a Permit for the installation of an in-ground swimming pool. Also installing a black metal fence, 4ft in height, enclosing their in-ground swimming pool. The Architecture Committee unanimously approved the issuing of the Permit.
- Mike Hanrahan, Lot 1875H, 1442 Aqua Vista Drive. Seeking a Permit to install a 4’ in height and 50’ in length decorative metal fence going down one side of their property located on the property line. The stakes have not been located and their contract with the installer calls for a 6’ high wooden privacy fence. This item is shelved until the property owner receives a new contract properly identifying what is to be installed and the pins at the corners of the lot have been located and identified. The Committee Members will come in and sign off on the issuing of the Permit once those issues have been resolved.
- John Wood, Lot 1231, 1232H, 1233, 548 Cresthaven Drive. Needing a Permit to install a 10’ X 12’ brown wooden shed with a metal roof on Lot #1233. Lots 1232H & 1233 have been contiguated. The Architecture Committee unanimously approved the issuing of the Permit
- Tim Essen, Lot 238H, 771 Hickory Road. Installing a “Bright Roof” cover over the existing 18’ X16’ deck. The cover will be the same size as the deck. The supports are metal and will be black with light gray panels. The back of the cover will be attached to the roof of the house. Tim Essen was not present for the meeting. The Architecture Committee unanimously approved the issuing of the Permit
The following projects were AA approved and reviewed:
- Casey Schneider Lot # 1538, 857 Ryan Ct. Painting house brown (Same Color).
- Laura Peters Lot # 1455, 20680 Longview Dr. Rebuild existing wall. Allen block 6’ X 60’.
- Matthew Lucas, Lot# 1356, 20440 Longview Drive. Replacing Sliding. New Color Midnight Blue, change from Savannah Wicker (Old Color).
- Tim Brannigan & Tomica Vest, Lot 1426, 681 Hawthorne Heights. Installing a 15’ X 11’ (165 sq. ft.) gravel parking pad.
The following projects were approved by Architecture Committee without a
- Scott King Lots # 2341 & 2745, 20711 Matterhorn Dr. Installing a Concrete driveway with a culvert and a 3- Car garage designed to match the house, brick bottom, and painted wood siding above. The roof shingles will match the house (driftwood). Approved on 7/3/2023 with the committee coming in to sign without a meeting.
The following projects were approved after pins were located on property: None
The following projects were Board approved: None
ApproveArchitecture Meeting Minutes for June 21, 2023.
Motion to approve by: Frank Goodrich Seconded by: Alan Kohlhaas
Old Business: None
New Business: Alan Kohlhaas asked about the approval process for boatlift covers. Those covers will be approved by the Lakes Committee and final (follow-up) inspections will be made by the Property Maintenance Compliance Officer. Also discussed was the topic of an upcoming Variance Request regarding the trampoline owned by a resident residing on one street with a back yard that borders on another street. The trampoline is located at the extreme back edge of their lot. The survey pins should be located to determine the location of the rear property line and the rules regarding setbacks for street and utility maintenance must be a consideration. This topic involves safety issues and several questions surrounding the issue must be discussed with the homeowner present. This issue will be addressed in detail at a later Committee Meeting.
Minutes Taken by: Phil Heitz
Motion to Adjourn:
Motion by: Bob Maudlin Seconded by: Jack Schnieder 6:30 PM
Submitted by: Phil Heitz