Architecture Committee Meeting
Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 5:30PM
Approved Architecture Committee Meeting Minutes
Called to Order by: Tom Cross 5:30 PM
Members Present: Tom Cross, Alan Kohlhaas, Jerry Goodrich, Dan Tester, Bob Maudlin, Phil Heitz
Members Absent: None
Board Liaison Present: Donna Yetzer
Community Manager Present: Bruce Keller
Residents in Attendance: Brandon Cable, Randy Isom,David & Katherine Jeffcoat with Casey Knigga (landscaper), Sara Hofmann, Jeffrey & Tristan Stenger, Brandon McKeown, Dale Scheiner, Kenneth Mook
Guest: No other guests.
- Randy Isom, Lot # 2854, 21081 Sunny Ridge Drive. Randy is seeking information regarding the possible need for a variance to build on his corner lot at Sunny Ridge Drive and Clear View Ct. The shape of the lot and the rules concerning corner lots make it look like building a home on that lot would be exceptionally difficult. Since no proposed layout of the lot and desired structure(s) was provided, rendering an opinion is not possible. The Committee believes a home can be built on that Lot and recommends Randy get a Lot Survey and present that to an Architect to create possible layouts. Once that is done an appropriate recommendation (if needed) may be rendered.
- David & Katherine Jeffcoat, Lot # 1677H, 1137 Montclair Court, fire pit 58” OD block surrounding a 42” dia. steel ring located on a 20’ OD surrounding patio, decorative seating wall 20’ X 24” in height and 38” X 24” Allan Block landscape wall. The Architecture Committee unanimously approved the issuing of a Permit for the design as presented.
- Jeff & Sara Hofmann, Lot # 1944H/1945/1946, 19901 Cravenhurst Drive, 12’ X 16’ garden shed lofted, double doors & 2 windows, early American blue, white trim and black roof. The plot plan did not show the offset from the back of the Lot and the Committee stipulated the shed must be located with a minimum 25’ offset and noted that on the drawings. With that change the Architecture Committee unanimously approved the issuing of a Permit for the design.
- Jeffrey &Tristan Stenger, Lot # 2132/2133, 20790 Alpine Drive, New home. The Stengers presented a new Plot Survey with the location of the proposed home and a set of drawings 1957 Sq. Ft. home with an attached garage and a 20 ft. wide asphalt driveway located well within the limits of the offsets. There will also be a 200 Sq. Ft. parking pad next to the garage. The siding choices include brick (color: Shadow Grey Tudor), Vinyl (color: Flint), black shutters, Pewter grey asphalt shingled roof, white gutters. We noted the new plot survey had errors regarding permissible offsets but the actual locations of the home and other features were still well within acceptable areas. The Architecture Committee unanimously approved the issuing of a Permit for the design as presented.
- Brandon McKeown, Lot # 2404H/2405, 1453 Golfview Court, deck stairs 2’H X 8’ W X 3’ long built with 2 X 10 treated lumber. For areas where the height of the deck above ground level exceeds 30” the Committee recommended the addition of railing. The Architecture Committee unanimously approved the issuing of a Permit for the addition of the stairs.
- Brandon & Rhonda Cable, Lot # 2683H/2684, 1778 Tuppence Trail, 20’ X 12’ Lean to with a dark gray metal roof attached to the garage, materials to match the existing shed. The roof will require a 1” per foot minimum pitch for proper drainage. The Architecture Committee unanimously approved the issuing of a Permit.
- Evangeline Scheiner, Lot # 782H, 1018 Geneva Court, adding dormers to sides of rear roof, adding 5’ X 10’ balcony off 2nd floor using lumber. The colors and style of the roofing and siding will match those of the existing structure. The dormers will extend the entire length of the existing roof for that area of the house, so in essence those dormers are adding a second story to the home. The 10’ long cantilevered balcony extends 5’ from the side of the home at the second floor level. A Permit from Dearborn County will be required prior to beginning construction. The homeowner has provided materials, primarily gravel and Alan block, to perform extensive landscaping on the Lot. A permit for that landscaping work was issued about five years ago but the job wasn’t done. Bruce Keller worked with the property owners to reinstate that landscaping job, but the details are not adequate for inclusion in the portion of the Permit that involves the addition of the Dormers and Deck. The Architecture Committee unanimously approved the issuing of a Permit for the Construction of the Dormers and Deck. The homeowners must provide the Committee details regarding the Landscaping Project to obtain a separate permit for the construction of the needed wall and parking pad area at the front of the home.
- Kenneth & Charisse Mook, Lot # 1530, 19833 Lakeview Drive, 20’ X 8’ dock (8’ maximum extension beyond the summer pool line) using lumber. A boat lift is to be added that will require cutting back into the property and building a sea wall. The 15’ long boat lift will extend 8’ out into lake beyond the summer pool line and will be located next to the dock. Natural rock steps down from the patio will be located 10’ from property line. The Architecture Committee unanimously approved the issuing of a Permit for the design as presented.
- HVL Beach, 19951 Longview Drive, concrete sidewalk 175’ X 4’. The sidewalk is to be added to facilitate the movement of handicapped members along a path located just above the beach area from the beach shelter to the access road. The Architecture Committee unanimously approved the issuing of a Permit for the design as presented.
The following projects were AA approved and will be reviewed:
- David Derbyshire, Lot # 3328H, 1112 Hanby Circle, add/replace culvert. Left, under drive, right of drive. Approx. 80’, 15” culvert, catch basin on left of driveway.
- Betty Jo Bildner, Lot # 3245, 1122 Hanby Circle, extending culvert 20’ on right side of the drive, 15” culvert.
- Gary & Melissa Bright, Lot # 524H/525, 1194 Skyview Circle, 2 concrete patio’s, front 12’ X 16’ and back of garage 12’ X 28’.
- Kerry & Alison Zickuhr, Lot # 1914H, 19902 Cravenhurst Drive, 5’ in height privacy fence, cedar material.
- Gregory & Lauren Morton, Lot # 948, 21007 Crestview Court, 15’ X 20’ gravel parking pad, 20’ culvert pipe with 15 inch pipe, brick retaining wall placed in ditch to hold parking pad in place 2’ X 10’, digging drainage ditch to rebury gutters.
- Lawrence & Patricia Whalen, Lot # 2378, 1374 Golfview Court, excavate ditch line for 18” black plastic pipe, place fill dirt and topsoil to level grade above pipe and fill in ditch line.
The following projects were approved by Architecture Committee without a meeting: None
The following projects were Board approved: None
Approve June 17, 2020 Architecture Meeting Minutes: Motion by Alan Kohlhaas Seconded by Bob Maudlin
Old Business: Bruce Keller notified the Committee Members by email of the resignation of Jeff Mueller from the Architecture Committee.
New Business: None
Minutes Taken by: Phil Heitz
Motion to Adjourn: Motion by Alan Kohlhaas Seconded by Bob Maudlin 8:05 PM
Submitted by: Phil Heitz