Alpine Drive below Hidden Valley Lake Dam

The Hidden Valley Lake POA provides private law enforcement, security and emergency services for the community.

Reserve sheriff’s deputies, trained and deputized by the Dearborn County Sheriff’s Department, are on duty twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.

The Guard Station is located at 212 Hidden Valley Drive, at the front entrance.

In an Emergency, always call 911

Non-Emergency calls

  • Dearborn County Sheriff Dispatch: 812-537-3431 or 800-543-1149; Dial 1 immediately after number; Dispatch will relay your message to HVL deputies on duty.
  • Guard Station: 812-537-9400; Your call will automatically roll to an HVL deputy’s cell phone.
  • Lake Patrol: 812-584-9997; (summer season only)
  • Bright Volunteer Fire Dept. & Life Squad: 812-537-3431 or 800-543-1149

Poison Help Line – connects you to your local poison center for help with a poisoning emergency.

When you call, you will speak with a specially trained nurse, pharmacist, or doctor at your local poison center. The call is free and confidential.
People usually get the help they need over the phone. Most people do not have to go to a doctor or the hospital.

Poison Help website – can help you learn about your risks before an emergency. The website tells you about poisons, poison safety and prevention, and when to contact your poison center.

Other Security Services

The HVL Security Department enforces traffic, parking and speeding rules throughout the Valley. The posted speed limit is 25 mph, except at the Sports Complex on Alpine Drive, where it is 15 mph. From Memorial Day to Labor Day, the speed limit is reduced to 15 mph at the Pool Complex on Lakeview Drive.

Auto Title Check:

To obtain an Indiana title check for a new or used car purchased out of state, you may go to the BMV in Lawrenceburg, or contact HVL Security at 812-537-9400. A deputy will verify the VIN number and provide you with the proper form to get your license plate. For your convenience, a deputy will come to your location to verify.

Vacation & Snowbird Services:

If you will be on vacation, Security will keep an eye on your HVL property while you are gone. Please complete and return the Temporary Address Change form, or contact the POA Office. Indicate “Vacation Check” on the form to enjoy peace of mind while you are away.